Saturday, November 8, 2014

HYCCT1416 ~thankful & grateful~


 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I have been absent from Charmed Life Land this week because I was frantically trying to finish the challenge cards for the HYCCT on Splitcoaststampers.
 
I am happy to say that I finished my last one this morning and had it posted before the 12:00 deadline. Whew!! I am in stamping mode now so time to get my Christmas cards finished. I have all the Thanksgiving cards done but not mailed yet. Hopefully I will get them out this weekend or early next week.
 
The two cards I am showing today are from the HYCCT1416 challenge. Paula is our hostess and she wants us to make a project without using any stamps.

I used several dies to create these cards. The flowers are the "chloe die" from Memory Box and I cut them in peach parfait and cajun craze cardstocks. The thankful and grateful dies are from PaperTrey Ink. I layered them over a strip of cajun craze cardstock cut with the MFT Blueprints 3 die.

My background embossing on the first card is a folder from Cuttlebug "autumn type". The dotted card panels are designer paper from Stampin-Up's "season of style" collection.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. Time to get to some household chores that were put on hold since HYCCT started. So until next time.......God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: early espresso, crumb cake, cajun craze, peach parfait, season of style dsp (Stampin-Up) Paper Size: A2 
Accessories: counting my blessings die (PaperTrey Ink), Blueprints 3 (MFT), Autumn Type (Cuttlebug), chloe die (Memory Box)  
 
I am also entering:
1.  Treasure Time Stamps Challenge is anything goes. 
2. A Crafty Mess Challenge #1 is anything goes.
3. Brown Sugar challenge is thanksgiving.
4. Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge is thankful.
5. Simply Create Too has a thanksgiving/thankful theme.
 


15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Mary! Love the neutral colors with the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful card, Mary. I'm just wondering if I have that chloe die. It's a great one.
    Mailed my HYCCT cards already. Unfortunately, I only got, I think, twelve of them made. Maybe I can do better next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards. Gorgeous colour combo. Love the embossed backgrounds and great dies. Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, A lovely project, I love the die and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this month with our first challenge at A Crafty Mess Good luck. We would love to see you again next month.

    Teighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. I love the diagonal cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful, Mary! Love the jumbo polka dot pattern paper! The sentiment dies are some of my favorite! Love how you used them here!
    Hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mary I love your card and love the way you have used the words for the background and the die-cuts in the foreground.... Thank you for joining
    in our first challenge over at "A Crafty Mess." We would love to see you again next month..

    Rhonda DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary: Your card is beautiful!!! 'Thank You' from all the Simply Create Too Design members for joining us for this special challenge [Challenge #74 -"Thanksgiving/Thank You"]. Hope to see your entries next challenge too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes Mary!! I love everything about your card - from the mix of patterns to the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both are gorgeous Mary...Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE these cards, Mary! You know I'm not a neutrals person but whenever I see a neutral project with a punch of color, it is just so perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards love them both

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Mary for sharing your great designs with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week.
    Kind regards,
    Gloria
    DT member @ BSCB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for you nailing all the HYCCT challenges. I did that a couple years ago and it was crazy time! This is gorgeous. Totally my style. Thanks for playing at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails