Wednesday, October 22, 2014

HYCCT1404 ~new day~

 
Hello Blogger Friends!! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I can't believe how quickly October is moving along. I haven't even put my fall decorations out yet. The inside ones I mean.
 
Between pre-school, the gym, cooking classes and other activities in October, my days have been full.  I am determined by Saturday that I will have the decorations up, laundry finished and house cleaned.
We are in the process of painting a bedroom so the stuff from that room is in other rooms. That makes things seem like they are in disarray, to me anyway.
 
Today, I am going to another cooking class at the Crate in Pittsburgh. Not sure if I would have chosen this on my own but some friends wanted me to attend with them. So I wanted to get my blog post finished before I leave.
 
So onto my card for today. This one I made for the HYCCT challenge #4. Sabrina was our hostess and she wants us to hold it together without your usual resources. No foam dots, or other tape, no wet glues or Glossy Accents, no glue gun...
You can use things like brads, eyelets, stitching (machine or hand), staples etc.
 
This was a bit of a challenge since I made a multi-layered card using the deconstructed sketch #172. But I managed with a brad and some staples.

My card background is designer paper from the "good morning sunshine" collection by Stampin-Up. I cut this panel with the MFT blueprints #15 die. The sun is also a MFT die as is the flag.

My sentiment is from the MFT clearly sentimental line "new beginnings". I held the rectangle panel together with a flower brad. The sun and flag are held together with staples. I colored them with a pumpkin blendabilities marker.
 
That's my card for today. Tiem to get ready to leave for my cooking class. I will let you know how it went tomorrow. Until next time........God bless.

card details:
Stamps: new beginnings (MFT) Paper: choc chip, summer sun, orange, ww, good morning sunshine dsp 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: choc chip 
Accessories: MFT Blueprints 15, flag stax banner & sun dies, staples, flower brad, pumpkin blendabilities (SU)   
 
I am also entering:
1.  City Crafter Challenge is a piece of sky. Create a card using a sun, moon, rain etc.
2.  Party Time Tuesday is anything goes.
3.  Crafty Cardmakers #125 is "it's only words".
4.  The Paper Girls have an anything goes challenge.

13 comments:

  1. What a great sunny card!! Makes you feel so good looking at it!!
    Hugs
    Darcy (your PTT challenge blog neighbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card and I love the saying. (your PTT challenge blog neighbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bright happy card, I love it.
    Thanks for sharing at Crafty Cardmakers
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Mary! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the saying on your cheerful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card! Love the sentiment on your sun ... Thanks so much for paying along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super card with a lovely sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sentiment on a cheerful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
    Viv
    CCM DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card Mary. Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunny, bright and spot on our theme.Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails