Sunday, June 8, 2014

Gesso Resist Card

 
Hello blogger friends. Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.
 
We started off our day with church. Today there were missionaries from Peru visiting. They are a great group of Peruvian Pastors. They had a message that really resonated with me.  Basically, it was about God being with us during times of adversity and providing comfort.  I really liked what they had to say as did our congregation.
 
This afternoon we went to Ethan's (youngest grandson) baseball game. They were playing over our side of town and at a field that was about 15 minutes from our church. They lost the game, but it was a good time nonetheless.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one is a mixed media that I created with the colors of so saffron, smoky slate and strawberry slush from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #480. We were also to use twine on our cards.
so saffron, smoky slate and strawberry slush
 
For this card I created a mixed media using a gesso resist technique. It’s just like emboss resist but you use gesso instead of embossing. This was a fun technique and I like how my card turned out. Here is a link to the tutorial that I followed.

I took my Hero Arts background stamp and covered it with gesso and placed my cardstock over the stamp. When it dried I used Ranger distress inks –wild honey and picked raspberry and sponged over the gesso. I used a baby wipe to remove the ink from the gesso.

Then I used the embossing folder that is part of this stamp set. I like how it highlighted the flower, butterfly and friend word.

Cut some notes and a few butterflies, added some twine to complete this card.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Friend (Hero Arts) 
Paper: Smoky slate, strawberry slush, so saffron (Stampin-Up), Gina K White 
Paper Size: A6 
Ink: Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry (Tim Holtz distress inks) 
Accessories: Liquitex Gesso, Hero Arts Stamp and Embossing folder combo, Twine, MS butterfly punch, MFT notes die, SU pearls, Mink Ink blending tool (Ranger)
Techniques: Gesso Resist 

I am also entering:
1. 613 Avenue Create- anything goes/optional create something for your best friend.
2  Crafting Musketeers Challenge is to use a stamped image.
3. Crafting At The Weekend- has an anything goes.
4Mixed Media Mojo Challenge #1. Use at least 2 mediums and stamps.

14 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful card, I love the colour combo and the butterfly's, Mary I am so pleased that you are back on board again I have missed your posts!!
    May God keep you strong and bless you heeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! WOW, you did a fabulous job on your card. Such a beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so beautiful. Must give this a try. It is amazing the pretty thing you can do with a bit of white paint/gesso. Love your color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I popped over from Mixed Media Mojo to say that your card is so pretty! The texture is amazing. I love the gesso resist idea and will have to give that a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the technique results Mary!! The soft colors and texture look beautiful and the butterflies and notes give it a most wonderful motion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Crafting Musketeers challenge 14: stamped image, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool technique! Love your card so much, thanks for playing with us at the Mixed Media Mojo blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing! I love the resist background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card love the colours and technique off to check out your link--and thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Love the colors and flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with our first challenge at Mixed Media Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully crafted, Mary! I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card design. Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails