Sunday, March 30, 2014

~rain boots~

 
Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. We had somewhat of a busy weekend. Friday was our 3rd fish fry at our church. It wasn't as busy as the other 2 had been but we still had a nice turnout. The fish tacos continue to be a good seller plus the shrimp and crab chowder that I make.
 
Saturday we had a friend come in from Ohio for an overnight visit. I wanted to cook out on Saturday but the weather turned rainy and cold. So I decided to do a "faux" cookout.
 
I made burgers on the George Foreman grill and for the chicken I changed my recipe and made a great lemon, garlic and rosemary chicken dish in the oven. Roasted some cauliflower and broccoli and had a tossed salad. 
 
We had a wonderful dinner and evening together. We sent him on his way on Sunday afternoon after church.
 
I did my final weigh-in for the weight loss challenge on Saturday morning. My total weight loss was 22 1/2 lbs. for a 15% loss. I didn't finish in 1st place and not sure if I secured 2nd place or not. I will find out tomorrow. But, I feel great and am exercising regularly so that's a plus in my book. The work to maintain the loss will be almost as intense as losing it. But, I want to keep the weight off so I have to do what it takes for the maintenance plan.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made using the Great Impressions Stamps "when it rains F448". I paper pieced the boots and the sentiment is stamped in lucky limeade ink.
 
The background designer paper is from Stampin-Up's "tea for two" collection. Paired it with calypso coral cardstock and ribbon. My scallop edge punch is from Martha Stewart.
 
Well, that's my card for today so until next time.......God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1.  613 Avenue Create is anything goes with optional color challenge. I took the option this week. My designer paper and boots have yellow, pink and orange.
2Challenges 4 Everybody is anything goes.
3.  Paper Players has a tic-tac-toe. Mine is paper piecing, patterned paper and ribbon.
4.  Crafty Girls Challenge is anything goes.

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary, so nice to see another one of your fabulous designs in our challenge. The sentiment is perfect and I just love the bright and colorful palette. Perfectly conceived and beautifully composed and executed. Thanks for slipping this under our door here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet card Mary and the sentiment if "perfecto." I've never seen that scalloped edge punch before. Gotta add it to my wish list. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing weight loss, Mary! Congratulations. You've worked hard and you deserve to reward yourself even if you didn't take top prize. Maybe a little shopping? :-) We always use the George Forman grill. So easy to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colourful creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the image and sentiment - I love my wellie boots :)

    Thank you for joining the Crafty Girls Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card! Love the patchwork background and the matching boots. Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY fun card, love the patchwork and the fun boots together!! Mary what a great accomplishment, you should be quite proud my friend!! You are a winner in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet boots and I LOVE that sentiment! Congratulations on your weight loss! 22 1/2 lbs! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card Mary. Love those colorful boots... great patterns too! Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how sweet are those boots!! Such a pretty card!
    Congratulations on the weight loss! It is so wonderful that you are making this commitment to your health!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails