Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Queen Ann's Lace

Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life blog. I had to accompany my hubby to the doctors today for a test.

Thankfully everything is okay. It was the dreaded C---------- test that you have to get when you are over 50 years old. They give you an anesthetic so you are not able to drive. But its done now and he won't have to have it again for 10 years.

So onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #389 on Splitcoaststampers.

Betty was our hostess and she chose quite the trio of fun colors with bravo burgundy, regal rose and summer starfruit. I don't usually use or like the regal rose color so I minimized it on this card.

My silhouette image is Queen Ann's Lace (H186) from Great Impressions Stamps. I stamped it in bravo burgundy directly on summer starfruit designer paper. This is a great silhouette stamp and I love how it picks up the ink so nicely.

My card layout is this week's mojomonday sketch #255.  
The background layer is Stampin-Up designer paper in bravo burgundy. On the smaller burgundy rectangle I used the fancy fan embossing folder from Stampin-Up.

To complete the sketch I used a scallop edge punch in summer starfruit and layered some white satin ribbon over that. Punched a few butterflies in regal rose to complete the color trio.

My sentiment panel is a Spellbinders labels 16 die and the sentiment is from the wildflowers set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

Well that's it for me today. So until next time..........God bless.


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and I do love the sentiment. Happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and love the design stamped on dsp. Glad you have that test over with. Not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! The colors look wonderful and I love the textures on this! Great job on both the color challenge and the sketch!
    While it's unpleasant, so glad to hear your DH was wise and had this done! Our family has a history of cancer and we have some stubborn men that don't think they need this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card Mary. Love the schoolbus and those circle alphabets. Great theme and colors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails