Sunday, August 19, 2012

Friend to Friend


Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It was such a beautiful summer day here in Pittsburgh. Warm, sunny and no humidity was the order of the day.

I had a young woman stop over for a visit this afternoon. We sat in the backyard and just enjoyed the day. She is one of the ones that I mentored as a teenager and young adult. Now she is all grown up with a 5 year old.

She lives out of state but we had such a good time catching up on our lives. She used to love to come over and drink coffee with me. She always said that I made the best. Well it helped that I always had a flavored creamer to serve with the coffee.

When she left I checked out the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers. This week the honors went to a stamper that I wasn't familiar with her work -  Maureen aka mamamostamps.

She has such a beautiful yet simple style of stamping. I chose her birthday quilt card to recreate ala my style.

I  made a quilt card using the top note die but I  changed the patterned paper. I chose Stampin-Up's "springtime vintage" collection. How you make the quilt is to punch 12 squares of paper using a 1" square punch. I taped them down on cardstock and then ran it through my Big Shot machine. I used the Stampin-Up top note die to get the shape.

My card base is rose red and I used the basket weave embossing folder for some texture.

I used pear pizzazz ribbon and made a side bow on my card. Instead of a pennant greeting I used the decorative label punch and then oval punches for my sentiment.

Well that's my card for today. It's late and time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Six Sisters Blog has a strut your stuff Saturday link party.
2.  Stampin Sisters in Christ has a sentiment only challenge.
3.  Craftymess Challenge Blog has a "words" no image challenge.
4.  Daring Cardmakers has a film quotes challenge. I used a quote from "Hanna" - she says to Sophie "I'd like to have a friend".
5.  Dilly Beans has a bright colors challenge.

17 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the way you have created the quilt effect using different patterned papers brilliant. Very simple but very elegant.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us over at Craftymess.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Mary what a super card you’ve made I love all the details , the patchwork is so pretty
    Great work
    Well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card - thanks for joining in with The Daring

    Cardmakers'
    "Film Quotes" challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the patchwork effect, and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So rewarding to have the young woman come back and visit. I'm sure she enjoyed your counsel and has put it to good use. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, thanks so much for explaining how you did this! I love this card and the wonderful colors. It really does remind me of a quilt! So very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for entering our current theme 'words only' over on the CraftyMess challenge blog.
    What a very pretty card. I really like the summery colours you have used and the big shaped diecut in that gorgeous patchwork paper. Less certainly is more and this card proves that...perfect. A verse would be perfect on this card, but your sentiment fits the theme :-)
    Hope you will visit us again and join in with some of our future challenges.
    Hugs Lisa. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job making the quilt Mary!! Love the pretty prints and ribbon with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card; love the colors and the "quilt" technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining the latest dare over at the Daring Cardmakers this week. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Mary! I love these colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, so pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, we must have some kind of psychic connection this week! I made a top note quilt card too!!

    Love the colors and the pretty ribbon running behind the die cut piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card- I love the patchwork papers

    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card, the colour combination is lovely. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card! The quilt is sooo pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails