Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Brayered Birthday Scene

Happy Tuesday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Today, I took my bff out for her birthday and treated her & I to a spa pedicure.

It was such a great time together and I loved all the pampering with my feet. They exfoliated, applied a mask, massaged, took card of the cuticle-used hot towels-several layers of cream-our chair was a massaging chair. It was so wonderful and my feet look great.
I just wish I had a special place to go with hubby and wear some heels and a fancy dress.
We have a wedding next month so I plan on going back for more of the same treatment.

I wanted to take her to some place special for lunch. After talking we decided to go to a Chick-Fil-A restaurant and support them for their stand on marriage. Their was a nationwide call by many Christian leaders to go there today. So we felt that would be a good end to our day together.

When we arrived at Chick-Fil-A the line was out the door. The drive-thru was to the street and there were so many people waiting inside for orders. It was heartwarming to see so many people that believe in the same definition of marriage.

There are so many pictures on FaceBook of this scene being repeated across the country. Love it!!


Well onto my card today. This one is another I made for the Fan Club challenges on Splitcoaststampers.  It's a paid subscription, but I think its worth the $24.95 price. Check it out here.

For my card I pulled out my brayer to make a background scene. I used bashful blue, turquoise and not quite navy inks for the sky.

I used a torn post-it-not and sponged in my mountains. In front of the mountains, I sponged old olive and some basic black.

My tree images are from Stampin-Up's Plant Hope set and the birthday sentiment is from Marks Finest Papers -North American Woods set.

I used a deer die from PaperTrey Ink and a tag die from Sizzix to complete my card.



My layout is from this weeks sweet sunday sketch challenge.

Well, it's another late night so time to close this post. Until next time.......God bless

Some other challenges:
1.  Crazy Amigo has a dies/punches challenge.
2.  Die Cuttin' Divas has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Party Time Tuesdays has an anything goes.
4.  Alphabet Challenge Blog has a for men only challenge.


8 comments:

  1. Mary, your card is outstanding. You may have put off the CAS card but you sure know how to use that brayer...something I need a lot of practice with.
    Our Chick-Fil-A was running over, too. Police were having to direct traffic. What a scene! I think it was more about losing our freedoms than anything. When you are told you can't build a business somewhere because of your Christian beliefs, that is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary beautiful scene you created with the brayering and sponging!! Such a soft foggy morning look it has, I love it :) We dont have a Chick Fil A in our small community but Im sooo glad to hear of all their support around the nation! The attacks on Christian beliefs are really stepping up and we believers really have to be proactive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card, Mary! I have and LOVE that SU! tree set.

    and...Welcome to the Great Impressions Design Team! (Sorry I'm so late.) So glad to play, I mean work, with you! ;)

    hugs,
    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, that background is fantastic! The perfect background for your deer!
    I have never done the pedicure thing. I hate having my feet messed with, but it does sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Beautiful card!Love the color combo!great Job!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an awesome job with the sketch, Mary....love the colors and the masking is total perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card
    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the brayer technique.
    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Roxx.T

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails