Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Triple Blossom Birthday

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I had a busy day today but now that it is the end of the day I am not sure what I did besides card making (lol).
I did make a delicious dinner. I experimented with some of our garden tomatoes, basil and oregano. Added onion and olive oil and made a pasta sauce. Then to that I added some Kraft cooking creme in savory garlic. tossed it with some whole grain pasta and wha-la dinner was ready.

My hubby really enjoyed it as did I. I like it when my experiments turn out a nice meal.

I have so much basil so I am looking for ways to use it besides making pesto. I made some pesto last week and made a pizza- that was really good as well.

Well lets get onto my card for today. This one I made for the technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I don't often do techniques but I am so glad I did this one.  It is called triple stamping. You can get more info here and a video here.

In a nutshell, cut 3 layers of cardstock that are graduated sizes. Line them up, the smallest on top in the middle and work down. Choose a stamp that will cover over all three layers or use several stamps. Stamp over all the layers and then adhere the matting to the layers and adhere the layers together.

I used a  cherry blossom image  from the Marks Finest Papers set - asian delights.

I stamped in melon mambo and used an old olive marker to get some green leaves.

My happy birthday sentiment is from the North American Woods set - also from Marks Finest Papers.

To complete my card I added some trim and a bow. This is really a great technique that produces a beautiful card.  Give it a try.

It's time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1Whoopsie Daisy challenge has a lots of layers challenge.
2.  Fashionable Stamping Challenge has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Crafts 4 Eternity has a brillant birthday challenge.



12 comments:

  1. Love this!!! I saw another of these triple stamped cards the other day. I must try this technique. I really like the stamp you chose and the color choices. At our house, the fast growing herb is rosemary - what to do with all that rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your gorgeously stamped card, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Mary, lovely stamp and pretty colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is sensational!!!! LOVE IT!
    I haven't tried that technique but after seeing your wonderful card, I want to.
    So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the colour palette and the clever stamping. Thanks for joining us at FSC
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stamped and layered card. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made such a beautiful card with this technique and the ribbon is gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card; will have to try this technique. Thanks for sharing. Jo4Him

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Mary, love those layers & colours..very clever.. Thanks for sharing with us at Whoopsi Daisy.. May x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Mary! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    Such a pretty card and beautifully stamped.
    Thank you for joining us at FSC.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. I definetly want to try this technique. The stamp you used and the colors you chose are awesome. I think it is beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails