Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ribbit Ribbit


Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life blog. It was such a beautiful summer day here in Pittsburgh. Sunny and hot but no humidity, just the type of day I like for summer.

I went to the farmers market this evening to pick up some of the season's bounty. We purchased some delicious corn on the cob, green peppers, broccoli, Spanish onions, cilantro and a cucumber.

This particular farmers market is represented by at least 15 local farms. It runs through October. I love going and being able to eat local fresh produce for several months.  

We ate the corn with our salmon, spinach and feta cheese burgers tonight. Dinner was yummy!!


Well onto my card for today. This one I made for the sketch challenge #393 on Splitcoaststampers.  Taylor is the hostess and she provided us with a unique layout this week. 

I already had colored my frog image so all I needed was the paper to go with it. I found this kraft and green dotted paper and kraft and striped paper that I bought a couple of months ago. I thought it would work with the layout and my image.

The frog and sentiments are part of a new set from Marks Finest Papers - "garden art" that will be released next week. In fact, there will be a blog hop starting July 17. So drop by then because there will be stamp sets to be won.

Well it's late and time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land so until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Celebrate The Occasion has a birthday challenge.
2.  Scrap-Creations wants us to use something we bought in the last 2 months. That would be my designer paper.
3.  Top-Tip Tuesday has a one for the men challenge.
4.  Cards for Men has a happy birthday challenge.




17 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Thanks for stopping by. Trying to get back to normal here. I haven't been commenting but have been keeping up with your posts and your doings with the boys. Glad you are enjoying your weather it's far to hot for me.
    LOVE your card! That frog looks wonderful and those adorable dragonflies are the perfect touch.
    Hugs & Blessings
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this challenge, Mary! I love the frog and dragonflies and stamping the sentiments on the pennant was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love the dragonflies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

    Tonya
    CTO DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the sketch Mary - love the green on the kraft and the cute froggie! Your dinner sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Someday my Prince will come"... maybe this is him? LOL Simple & clever card. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, this is so adorable! Love the kraft paper and the special stamped details. Too cute! YOUR market fines sound delicious as did your dinner. I love salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's adorable, Mary! And what a cool take on that sketch. This is a great boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a cute frog. A great male card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and cute card! That little frog is way too cute and I love all the polka dots! Precious.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. He looks adorable, like he is rubbing his belly after a good meal!

    Annette
    My Blog - Netty's Cards
    I design for
    Lili’s Little Fairies
    Stampfairy
    Top Tip Tuesday Challenge
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. so fun! TFS with us at CTO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab card!

    Thank you for joining us at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. bwhaaaa, love the image and the sentiment is so cute! Well done on the layout too! So glad you joined us for our Happy Birthday challenge at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is absolutely a fab male card. Love the design with the frog and love how you've circled those flies as well. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great! How cute is this little guy?! And your papers are perfect for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card, I love the green polka dots with that LO and your adorable frog! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Birthday" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails