Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Raspberry Flowers

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life blog. We have been having some crazy, hot weather here in Pittsburgh. But, I love it.
We went swimming in my neighbor's pool on Saturday and the water was so perfect. Sometimes I just put my feet in until my body gets used to the water temp. But when the temp is 96 degrees -it just makes for perfect water conditions.

We also went to watch our grandson play in a baseball tournament on Saturday and Sunday. They lost 1 game and won the other. Again it was hot but perfect baseball weather.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #383 on Splitcoaststampers. Betty is our hostess and she choice some great colors. This week we got to use one of the new Stampin-Up colors - raspberry ripple. She paired that up with crumb cake and pink pirouette.

I knew as soon as she gave us the colors what stamp set I was going to use. I just love this field flowers set also from Stampin-Up. I stamped the flowers in raspberry ripple. I fussy cut one of them and popped it up for some dimension.

My card layout  is this weeks MojoMonday #249 sketch. I loved working with this layout.

My background designer paper  is Stampin-Up's deck the halls (crumb cake layers) and fan fair collection (pink pirouette layers).

I used the new in-color stitched satin ribbon in raspberry ripple. Also used the Stampin-Up scallop trim border punch to add a pink pirouette layer under the ribbon.

Added my sentiment to a Spellbinder pennant die. I changed the location of the sentiment because my flower images are big.

Some pearls in the corner completed my card.

Well, it's time to close this post so until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Penny Black blog has a summer blooms challenge.
2.  Stampin' Sisters in Christ has a "plan challenge" #147. 1 circle or oval element, 2 different papers, 1 embellishment. See the blog for an excellent commentary of scripture verse from Jeremiah 29:11.
 


12 comments:

  1. I just love this card! You rocked the sketch for sure! I remember when we had a pool in TN. I never could get in until the water temp was close to 90, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Like the one flower popped up and extended off the center panel. Hot here, too. We are looking for a break this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creation. Love your take on the sketch.
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty card! the floral image is gorgeous and i love the one popped flower for dimension. thank you so much for joining us at penny black and more this month for our summer blooms theme.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensational. I love the texture the papers and the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful and elegant card!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so pretty Mary. Love the gorgeous flower images and colors. Beautiful papers too. The little tag looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a lovely card, Mary! Love the colors, the DP's and the flower image. Nice take on the MOJO challenge! So glad you could join us this week at SSiC!
    Blessings to you!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful and elegant card Mary and so effective how you have decoupaged one flower head off the page.

    Thanks so much for sharing your 'Summer Blooms' with us at Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how you popped that flower up - it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love the papers used behind the main panel and the flower that refuses to stay in the box! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card and the stamp is lovely. Thank you for joining the Summer Blooms challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck. x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails