Tuesday, July 31, 2012

On Safari

Happy Tuesday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. We have been watching the Olympics like so many households I suppose .

The USA has won 23 medals so far. At least that was the total when I was typing this post. The swimming & gymnastics are so exciting.

Loved it when Missy Franklin -the 17 year old won the gold on Monday night.

So onto my card for today. I made this card for some challenges they are having on
Splitcoaststampers. They have a fan club on the site-it's a paid subscription but I think it's worth the fee. Check it out here.

Anyway, once a year they have these challenges with prizes. This is the first year I took part and I am so glad to be playing along. There are going to be about 35 challenges in all. I don't know how many I will be able to finish. I have only done 5 so far and the deadline is Sunday.

This is my card for Kim Teasdale's challenge.

For my card I used images from the Marks Finest Papers set- be wild & free.

I used the "giraffe skin" image and stamped it in soft suede on so saffron cardstock. That is the background frame.

The giraffe image was stamped and then I did some fussy cutting and placed it on my Spellbinder oval.

Stamped the sentiment on a pennant die and cut some smaller pennants all in riding hood red to complete my card.

It's time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time.......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  The Stamping Boutique has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Twisted Tuesday Challenges has an anything goes.
3.  Crazy Amigo has a dies/punches challenges. I used dies for the ovals & pennants.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love the giraffe frame! Good luck with the challenge!
    Doesn't Missy Franklin seem like she is the sweetest young lady? I was so impressed by her background interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails