Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gnome Birthday + announcement

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I have been quiet on the blog for a few days because my son, daughter-in-law and sweet little Phoenix Daisy were here visiting for 5 days.

We had an extended family reunion on Saturday. That was fine and even more special that Brett, Ghilly and Phoenix Daisy were able to come. The other days we just spent enjoying each other.

Their flight this morning left at 6:00 am. When my daughter-in-law brought Phoenix down at 4:15, I kissed her goodbye. She looked at me and said "come". She has limited vocabulary at 19 months but this came across loud and clear. Of course, I was emotional.

I hope to be able to visit with her in September. I will be counting the days until I can go.

So to keep my mind occupied today, I decided to do some crafting. I checked the sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers to get my starting point. The layout was such a cute one and I knew you could add some embellishments to take it up a notch. 

I used some red background designer paper from Stampin-Up for the layout-a retired print patterns pack and some new polka dot parade paper.


My image & sentiment are from the newly released stamp set from Marks Finest Papers - garden art.

I paper pieced the gnome's hat & boots in the Stampin-Up colors of island indigo, his suit in real red and the flower in wisteria wonder. I also used prismacolor pencils and gamsol to color his skin, beard and the leaf.


challenge colors
I used these colors  for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #385.  The challenge was hosted by Julia and she chose real red, island indigo and wisteria wonder as our colors.




To complete my card, I stamped my sentiment, used a border punch from Martha Stewart and also added a punched dragonfly. i thought this would be a cute kid's birthday card. I have a few nephews with upcoming birthdays.
 
I do have some other wonderful news. I submitted this card to the Great Impressions stamp company because they were looking for another designer. Well they liked it and have invited me to be a part of their fabulous team starting August 1. Whoo-hoo!! I am so excited.

So look for me on their blog as of August 3. That will be my first post for them using their stamps.


This card also was named to the top 3 at Card Crafters Circle.







Some other challenges:
1.  Crafts and Me has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Divas By Design has a happy birthday challenge #45.
3.  Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Top Tip Tuesday challenge #81 is all about circles.
5.  Love To Create has a spots and dots challenge.





15 comments:

  1. Hello Mary~
    Very lovely card, love those papers and border die.... Sweet cute card....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your design team pick up! They are very fortunate to have you! September will be here before we can turn around. Great that you had such a lovely visit with all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your being a new design team member! They are lucky to have you join them and I'm sure you will have lots of fun. This little garden guy is adorable and I love all the red! It's a good thing that times flies. September will be here in a jiffy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA! I love gnomes! This is absolutely adorable.


    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, my little 5 year old granddaughter calls gnomes "those little people".....I have to tell you - I LOVE your "little people (person)"! Precious card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card Mary. Love the darling gnome image. The colors look great... and the papers are so petty! September will come so fast Mary and hopefully you will see little Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cute & colorful gnome card, Mary!
    I found you on the Outlawz & have become your newest follower. I would love for you to visit my blog Sharrahug’s Sweet Blessings & follow me if you'd like to.
    btw…..If you’re already following my blog……thank you so much!
    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little gnome! Awesome paper piecing on this!!

    Loved your sweet story about Phoenix! Little ones have such a wonderful way of warming our hearts!! September will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card! I have enjoyed the tour around your blog. I found you on the Outlawz and am your newest follower. Please come visit me and join in my draw for blog candy.
    http://cropnkathy.blogspot.ca/2012/07/blog-candy.html
    Hugs,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come Back and Play with us again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the little gnome and fab layout...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the Design!

    Thanks for sharing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge, good luck!

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card love the cute image too! he is so fun!
    Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this time for our all about circles challenge, hugs Samantha :0)
    PS don't forget you can enter 3 projects and or 3 Tips too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is gorgeous and so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, love the use of different circle patterned paper. Thanks for joining the All About Circles Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails