Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Birthday Train

Happy Tuesday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. We are having some crazy spring weather here in the Pittsburgh region. It is really cold -as in freezing temperatures cold. And there was snow in our area today.

The ski resort that is about 1 1/2 hrs from us had so much snow they are opening a few trails today. Spring extremes I tell ya!!

We had such a busy week-end. We had a garage sale with my son and daughter-in-law. Whew-what a lot of work getting ready for the sale. It was at their home because they had more stuff to sell than we did.
Of course Friday was a beautiful, warm  and sunny day, but not our sale day. Then Saturday the rain came and it lasted all day. We had their garage all set up on Friday. Le me tell you we utilized every bit of space in the garage. we had it packed to the hilt.

We didn't get all the people that we would have if there was no rain. But, it still went well. Glad its over though. I was so exhausted on Sunday that what I intended as  a brief 5:00 nap turned out to be an all night sleep (lol).

Onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers.

Karen was our hostess and she chose the color palette of more mustard, early espresso and pool party.

I decided to make a scene using a brayer technique. I  used a train image from the Marks Finest Papers set “train talk”.

Instead of using designer paper, I created a little scene by brayering the background with pool party and more mustard inks. I sponged in the mountains with early espresso ink.

My train track is a Martha Stewart fence punch and I cut the top off. I stamped my image and colored with Stampin-Up markers in the challenge colors.

I did some fussy cutting and placed it on the track. Stamped a couple of pine trees, added a birthday greeting and 3 punched circles to complete my card.

That's it for me today my blogger friends. So until next time......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Outlawz greetings challenge is "inspired by a song". How about "long train running" by the Doobie Brothers.
2Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge has an "inspired by a movie" challenge. How about The Great Train Robbery-starring Sean Connery.
3Totally Gorjuss has a "boys toys" challenge.
4Crafty Ann's Challenge blog has a "it's a man thing" challenge.


11 comments:

  1. WOW what a fantastic scene you have created. Love your mountians and how clever to use the fence punch for the tracks. Brilliant card!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous love the creation and presentation of your movie, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Mary! Very clever use of the fence rail punch. Beautiful coloring with such a gorgeous color palette. Wonderful shadow box effect. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely creation, love your film inspiration!

    Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely creation, love your film inspiration!

    Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, love this design with the warm color choices! Fabulous scene detailing! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great masculine card...love the train! After my last yard sale, I told myself I'd rather donate or give stuff away than to go through the hard work of a yard sale! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary,
    This looks wonderful. I love your image & how you've created an fantastic scene. Great interpretation of the movie title too. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of the neatest birthday cards I have ever seen, Mary! I LOVE this image! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you set the scene, especially the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card and I love how you repurposed the fence! Such a great idea!
    Sorry you had such a nasty day for your sale!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails