Saturday, March 3, 2012

St Paddy's Day

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Busy day today and most of it was spent at our church.


My husband had to go in this morning to sign some checks since our Pastor is out of town. So I went along. We ended up doing some administrative work on an event we are having soon.
We decided to go out for lunch and have a fish sandwich. We went to one of the local churches and had a great sandwich and fries.

My hubby went out tonight to the local high school playoff games. So I stayed home and did some creating and watched our Friday night TV shows. Blue Bloods is a favorite as well as the Gifted Man.

So now onto my card for today. I made this one for the color challenge #364 on Splitcoaststampers. Julia was our hostess and she chose a monochromatic color scheme. 

We were to use limeade, river rock and garden green. She also wanted us to make a St Patrick's Day card or use a blessing. I did both for my card.

My image is a shamrock digital stamp that I found on the Waltzingmouse site. It is a freebie so if you need a shamrock image jump over there to pick it up.

It is so perfect for the challenge this week. I colored the image with prismacolor pencils and gamsol.

I used a slight touch of orange for the ribbon and bow wrapped around the paper on the bouquet. After all that is one of the colors on the Irish flag.

I cut the image out and layered it over the river rock panels. The "Irish blessing" is computer generated, as is the "Happy St Patrick’s Day" banner sentiment.

My background designer paper is from Stampin-Up’s garden green collection and I used some ruffled lucky limeade ribbon on the sentiment panel.

That's my card for today. So until next time.........God Bless. Oh yes here is a picture of my sweet granddaughter Phoenix Daisy. Just had to share it.

Some other challenges:
1. The Card Makin Mamas wants to see some green.
2Crafty Catz wants us to use punches and/or dies
3Stampin Sisters In Christ wants us to create a card with variegated colors. Mine is shades of green.

3 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous but I must say Phoenix Daisy steals the show of this post. She is adroable and beautiful.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card with all of the green and the hint of orange! Love the blessing printed behind the image!
    Your granddaughter gets sweeter every time we see her! Such beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word,this is such and adorable creation , lovely image and beautiful design Its just perfect for our Dies & Punches challenge

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

    Have a lovely day,
    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails