Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Protector, Teacher and Friend
I am in the process of gathering up all last year's records to get our income taxes done. I am glad it's just once a year cause it takes time from my crafting. But Uncle Sam wants the info filed, and hopefully we don't owe anything. So this post will be quick.
sketch challenge #376 on Splitcoaststampers. Korin was our hostess and she provided us with a great card layout.
My card is using Stampin-U'ps pear pizzazz and rose red cardstock.The designer paper from Stampin-Up's "spring vintage" collection.
The doily is My Favorite Things "dizzy doily" die cut in rose red. I added pearls to this piece.
The sentiment on my smallest panel is from a new set being released next week from Marks Finest Papers "Mother's Magnolias". I am going to use this as a Mother's Day card and stamp "happy mother's day" on the inside.
To complete my card I added some Stampin-Up pleated satin ribbon in pear pizzazz. Punched a few butterflies and that's my card.
Took this photo today. It's our first blooms of spring- some crocus. I love how colorful yet delicate they look.
Some other challenges:
1. Little Darlings Challenge wants us to use the colors of spring.
2. My Mum's Craft Shop has a Mum's the word challenge. This is a mother's day card and the sentiment will be stamped on the inside.
3. Simon Says Stamp has a "bit of green" challenge.
4. Whimsical Wednesday also has a going green challenge.
5. Paper Take Weekly Challenge is "for the girls or Mum".