Tuesday, February 21, 2012
We had tickets for the Pitt basketball game last night and I couldn't go because I didn't feel well. The team lost but I missed an opportunity to go out with my husband and I wasn't happy about that.
I am taking my vitamin C and echinacea but this one came out of nowhere with no advance warning so I am just hoping to lessen the symptoms.
So onto my card. This one I made for the free for all challenge on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use an envelope on our card. I have an old envelope template so I pulled it out to create my mini envelope.
I used a doily die and added my little envie onto that. My flower is from the Verve set "great friend". I stamped, layered and then popped them up for dimension. Added some ribbon, lace and a pennant die for my sentiment.
The background paper is from Lasting Impressions. I like the watercolor look it gives my card. Well, my energy is fading fast so it's time to make this a wrap.
Until next time.........God bless
Some other challenges:
1. Crafty Cardmakers has a recipe challenge. Use 1 image, 2 background papers, 3 embellishments -must include 1 heart. My stamped image is my flower-my 2nd bg paper is on my envelope and also on my flower image. Embellishments: I used pearls, a punched and stamped heart, and ribbon and lace.
2. Creative Mondays has an anything goes challenge.
3. House of Gilli has a pearls, swirls and lace challenge.
4. Make my Monday has a Victorian Romance challenge.
5. Sew Many Cards wants us to use 2 designer papers and 4 or more gemstones. I used 7 pearls.