Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WOW

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It was 61 degrees here in Pittsburgh today. It's January 31st people!! We have had the strangest winter this year. It's cold then it warms up then snow-but just a bit. I sort of expect February to be a cold, snowy month. So we shall see.

Today was my day with my grandsons. Lots of driving this one here and picking this one up and homework and..... I arrived and Austin wanted something to eat before he had to go back to school. He had a basketball game.
Aidin stayed after school for his play practice. I picked him up and then we had his weekly vocabulary to work through. He loves having me help him with this. He usually gets 100% on his tests on Thursdays.

Ethan came home on the school bus and didn't have to be anywhere until 6:30. Whew, no wonder my hubby said I was wound up when I came home (lol).

I love being with them and today Ethan gave me a big hug and said he loves me being his Grandma.  My heart just melted. Wouldn't yours??

So lets get onto this card of mine. I made this one for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Julia was the hostess this week and her color choices were pool party, island indigo and white. She only wanted us to use a sentiment as our image.  

So I used island indigo as my main color and matching designer paper.

I stamped the “wow” sentiment on a square of white then layered it with indigo and pool party.
I popped up each layer on the square for dimension. I am giving this card to a friend from church who did a teaching at our recent women's meeting. She really did a fabulous job.

I added a heart button on this panel. I found this one in my stash and thought it was a good match for the pool party color.


The sentiment is from Marks Finest Papers the “you are cherished” set.

I layered white ribbon and then island indigo ruffled ribbon over that. Added a few butterflies to complete my card.

The layout on my square card is this week’s mojomonday 226.   

That's my card for today. It's late and time to dim the lights in charmed life land  for another day, So until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Oldie But Goodie challenge wants us to use hearts. My sentiment has a heart as well as the heart button. The button is about 4 years old.
2.  Tuesday Throwdown  alsohas a hearts challenge.

7 comments:

  1. A perfect card to congratulate someone on a job well done. Love that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of Designer Series Paper to create a clean, classy card. I like your use of the the butterflies as an embellishment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with wonderful colors. I just happen to love stripes and dots so this jumps right out at me.
    Oh, there's nothing to melt a grandmother's heart like some sweet words from the little ones...so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hearts and the non-traditional colors, Mary! Really a lovely CAS card. Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Throwdown this challenge, and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Mary! I LOVE the butterflies! Aw...what a sweet thing for Ethan to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, this is so pretty! I love how you've used the colors!
    We are having the same kind of winter here! I laughed today when they said 6 more weeks of winter. We haven't even had one whole week of winter yet! I'm really hoping we won't pay for it this month!
    Your grandsons are super sweet and they sure are lucky to have such a wonderful and dedicated Grandma to take care of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, LOVE the colors, love the stripes and dots and of course those butterflies are just perfectly placed.
    Only have one of my 12 close by but I know how sweet it is to hear them say such sweet things. Guess that's why we call them GRANDchildren.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails