Friday, January 27, 2012

The Rose

Happy Friday and thanks for visiting the charmed life blog. Well today I was up and about and actually felt good after 2 days of being down with some sort of virus.
 I went out to run a few errands and after being laid out on my sofa for 2 days it was good to get fresh air. Funny the little things that can make you happy.

Tomorrow at church we are having a women's soup & salad lunch. I was responsible for making one of the soups. I had a young woman from church come over to give me a hand. We mentor her & her husband. So it was good to catch up on everything with her. She is in her final year of nursing school and today just passed a big exam. I was so excited for her.

Well onto my card for today. this one I made for the sketch challenge #369 on Splitcoaststampers. I liked working with this sketch and my card actually came together pretty quickly.

My rose image is from a set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I cut it out and placed it on the center card panel. I embossed the panel with the "kassie's brocade" cuttlebug folder. I sponged blushing bride ink over the embossing.

My card base is blushing bride and I used Basic Grey's cappella collection paper and the diagonal layer is the same paper using the opposite side. To complete my card I used some Stampin-Up blushing bride pleated ribbon layered over May Arts burlap.

Well it's time to close this post to watch our Friday night shows- CSI and Blue Bloods. So until next time ........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1My Mum's Craft Shop has a flowers challenge.
2Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge.
3The Outlawz has a color challenge of peach-green and cream and a twist of adding roses.
4Bloggers challenge this week is to texturize your card.

10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Fab coloring of the rose - it looks wonderful on your embossed background. Great use of the SCS Sketch! Thanks for playing along wiht the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card- I love the rose and the colors- and the textured background is so pretty! I love your impression on the SCS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, delicate card! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a soft and elegant card! The embossed panel really draws attention to the gorgeous rose you colored and those little pearls are the perfect accents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love that beautiful rose and your coloring is awesome!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, Mary...so beautifully created. It looks 3D! Excellent. I have joined your followers list and look forward to more of your lovely artwork. Please join me as well, I look forward to that. Hugs, Gayle.
    http://gaylepage-robak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This rose is beautifully colored and I love that strip to the side. Thanks for joining us this week at Blogger's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely beautiful thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Mary! Your coloring is always superb!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails