Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Rose

Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Our snow is on the melting path. We had lots of sunshine today and the temps are supposed to rise over the next few days. So snow will be gone until the next storm pushes through.

We went to Aidin's (middle grandson) game tonight. It was on our side of town and since they very rarely play here we had to go. We live south and they live north. They lost the game by 2 points. It was a disappointment but there is always another game-on Saturday as a matter of fact.

For my card today, I decided to create a symbol of summer- "the rose". The "ways to use it challenge" on Splitcoaststampers had an interesting assignment for us today. It is our hostess Michelle's (aka tygerpaws11) birthday and she wanted us to create a card with her favorite elements or we could use our own favorites.

I didn't have a lot of time today because I had a dentist appointment this morning and then a hair appointment shortly after that. So my card is more on the clean and simple side. Something that I don't do very often but I like how this one turned out.

Some of my favorite elements include: dry embossing, ribbon and spellbinder dies.  I am also sharing this rose. I love roses and can't wait until they are back in bloom again in our gardens.

The rose image is from a set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I colored the rose with copic markers and the leaves and stem with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I am still on the learning curve with copics but it's one of my goals for this year.

I used a cuttlebug folder for my white background and a Spellbinder oval die to frame the rose. To complete my card I added 2 different red ribbons and a white ribbon rose for the bow center.

That's my card for today. Thanks for coming by to see what's up in charmed life land. So until next time........

Some other challenges:
1.  The Outlawz "twisted Thursday challenge" is to use punches and diecuts. We can use primsacolor pencils and copics for this one. My image is right in the guidelines-50 % markers-50% pencils.

11 comments:

  1. Love the pop of the red rose against the white! Beautiful card Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant. Beautiful coloring, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Mary! Clean, simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this CAS design! The rose really pops against the white embossed BG! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is lovely. The red/white color combo is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Especially in winter! Your copic coloring is wonderful and I love the little tag attached to the bow.
    I love the embossing folder! It's one of my favorites (even if it's not SU!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Mary! Love the embossed background and your rose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful design with this gorgeous rose, Mary!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done, Mary! How awesome the red and white look together. Gorgeous rose, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails