Monday, January 16, 2012

Love you

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Cold and blustery was our day here in Pittsburgh. A perfect day for staying home in front of the fireplace and relaxing. That would be an ideal day for sure. But we didn't do that.

After church we had lunch with our Pastor and a guest speaker that came to church. The speaker really brought and encouraging message to our church. He spoke on miracle comebacks and used the sporting world for analogies. He said God loves the word "impossible".

It was a great message to start our day. We came home in time to change and go our grandsons basketball games. One win and one loss was the order there. We went out to dinner with our son, daughter-in-law and grandsons. We ate too much but it was a fun time.

Now I am back home and its still cold and the fireplace is not on (lol). Oh well onto today's post before its time to dim the lights for another day.

This card I made for the inspiration challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Stef is our hostess and she introduced us to the Polyvore site. It the web's largest fashion community site and was loaded with inspiration to create a card.

I chose the Moschino cheap and chic bag as my inspiration piece. I thought I would make another Valentines card in black and red. I kept this one fairly simple.

I used Core-dinations black cardstock and punched hearts in red. My large heart is lined with licorice bakers twine. I added a Stampin-Up heart brad to the center.

My middle layer is a piece of Bazzill maraschino cardstock and I again used licorice bakers twine. I added a spellbinders ribbon tag for my sentiment.
The sentiment is from a soon to be released this week from Marks Finest Papers - "you are cherished".

I am part of a blog hop starting Tuesday that will show all the new sets and samples from the design team so drop on by then.

Well thats my card for today. So until next time.......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1Outlawz Sunday Challenge is to use twine on as CAS card.
2Stampin Sisters in Christ has a something new challenge. I used a new stamp set.
3.  Designed To Delight has a hearts challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card in black and red! Love how you did the hearts and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean lines of this and all those wonderful hearts! So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love all of the little hearts and the twine framing the large heart is fantastic! Such an elegant Valentine!
    I really enjoyed your post today. Most days I'm thrilled that God loves the impossible, as it really helps me achieve my goals, but there are those days when I wish He didn't find so many impossibles to put before me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh La La! Love the black and red combo you have going on! This is really eye catching, I love it. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combo and all those pretty hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet, love the CAS layout. Thank you for joining us at the Designed2Delight challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, Mary! I love the punched hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I like all those hearts. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails