Sunday, January 22, 2012

Be Mine

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.  We were out in San Francisco visiting our son, daughter-in-law and our sweet Phoenix Daisy. It was such a wonderful visit and we had our Phoenix time. She had a cold and gave it to me. So for the past week I have been battling a cold.

Lots of congestion and I cant take any otc medication. I just don't react well to it. So I have been going the natural route with Vitamin C-Echinacea and Vitamin A. I started as soon as I felt the cold coming on but I couldn't nip it in the bud. Oh well its winding down now.

Phoenix Daisy has been sick with colds 3x this year and I have been there all 3 times. She just learned how to kiss and hug and when she is eating she loves to share with me. So I know that I let her pass it to me but I don't even think about it when I am with her. I just love her so!!

So onto my card for today. I made this one for several challenges.

1.  The inspiration challenge on Splitcoaststampers where Stef is our hostess and she took us to the Land of Nod site. A fun children's site that was filled with loads of inspiration for card making or shopping as well.  I chose this "fresh flowers" pillow sham as my inspiration piece.  I loved the flowers on this pillow and decided to create my card around those colors. Which brings me to challenge #2.


2.  The Sweet Stop Sketch for this week had a great layout to use. The twist on this challenge was to create a Valentine's card in non-traditional colors. 
 Well this one was easy I already decided to use bright pink, yellow and green-that sounds like a non-traditional valentine to me (lol)!!    

My card image is from the Stampin-Up "sweetheart" set.  I stamped the "be mine" heart in a crushed curry ink and then punched a heart in melon mambo and embossed it. The leaf images are stamped in pear pizzazz.

I used some Stampin-Up designer paper "razzlebery lemonade" collection.  My ribbon border punch is also from Stampin-Up. I did some hand stitching with yellow floss for a little interest.

Some other  challenges:
3.  Robyn's Fetish has a "love" challenge.
4.  Stampin' Sisters in Christ wants us to make a {heart} stand out on your project.



To end my post today- I leave you with a picture of my sweet Phoenix Daisy. She is wearing a sleeper that I bought her for Christmas. Until next time...........God bless.

Phoenix Daisy










11 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I love the clean lines of your card! Beautiful colors and paper!
    Thanks for entering the Robyns Fetish challenge!
    Hannelie
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and pretty card! Hope you get to feeling better soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those bright, cheery colors on your Valentine. An adorable photo of your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image! The papers are very pretty. Thanks for joing us at Robyn's fetish. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Mary. Such pretty colors... and great textures! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week! :o) Your granddaughter is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a cute GD you have! I like your cheerful valentine too. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, your card is beautiful! Love the colors and the hand stitching is so pretty!
    So sorry you're feeling under the weather, but glad you had a wonderful time with your GD! Such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just an adorable picture of an adorable baby. It made me smile from ear to ear, and I'm still smiling. I found your blog from a comment you left on Sleepy in Seattle's blog. Saw you were from the Pgh. area and clicked to visit your blog. I'm originally from Slippery Rock, now in a different part of PA (Hanover). Love your cards... and your grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pretty tulip and papers Mary - so sorry you got sick - hope you are feeling better now - Phoenix Daisy is growing so quickly!! what a dolly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious baby and Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing along in the Sweet Stop Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are starting to feel better. I love the hearts within a heart. Thanks for joining the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails