Sunday, December 18, 2011

Merry Christmas

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. The countdown to Christmas continues and today we are at 7 days. 

Don't know how your preparations are going but mine are running behind.  I haven't started to wrap any of my gifts as yet. And, I do special wraps on each gift. So probably Tuesday will be the start of a marathon day of gift wrapping.

I sort of have my menus for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day worked out so I will have to make my shopping list for the grocery store. I will probably do that on Friday morning. The rest of the week will be cleaning and finishing up other tasks. So maybe I am not so behind. Glad I talked this out I just made myself feel better (lol)!!

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the inspiration challenge on Splitcoastampers. Anne was our hostess and she sent us to the "at west end" site. It is a great site with lots of rustic and recycled items.

I chose the "red mercury glass votives" as my inspiration to create a card. The cranberry striped paper I thought was a good match for the color of the votives. And my candle image is in keeping with the votive.

My image & sentiment are from the stamp set "Christmas light" from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. It has a matching die so the cutting out of the image is super easy. I used the Cheery Lynn die 'deco border light" and a Spellbinder "lacy circle" for my candle image.

Well, it's time to close this post and dim the light in charmed life land for another day..........

Some other challenges:
1Craftyhazlenut's Christmas Challenge #51 has an "anything goes".
2.  Just Us Girls has a color challenge. We are to use red, olive and white or kraft. I stamped my image on white cardstock before coloring with prismacolor pencils.
3Speedy the cat's friends challenge wants us to make a Christmas card.
 


 

11 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card! Thanks for sharing at Mark's Speedy the Cat's Challenge. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 51 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Mary! Love having dies to go with stamps! Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. I am right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the detailed trim. I haven't wrapped either and we haven't even discussed who's doing dinner so I guess there is still lots to do here, too. Hope you enjoy your preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Really like the way you used the border punch on the sides! So very pretty.
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so elegant!I love the border punches you used! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Mary! I love the border! Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, I just love that edge punch. The creation is done very nicely. Happy Holidays to you and all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm baaaaaaaaak -- didn't read (my bad) that this was for JUGS -- Thanks for joining in!! I do love the die cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the traditional colors and the vintage feel of this! Your lacy borders are beautiful and the perfect balance for this card!
    LOL at your list! I wish I could get back on task that quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW wonderful! This is a super creation! THANKS for sharing your crafty time with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails