Friday, December 30, 2011

Emboss Resist

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I cant believe that 2011 is drawing to a close. Where did the year go to??

As I reminisce back on this year, I realize I had the opportunity to visit my new granddaughter Phoenix Daisy 6x. She lives in San Francisco. I see my grandsons once a week. That always warms my heart. My desire for more family time is being met. Although, I still wish I lived closer to my grandsons and that Phoenix Daisy lived here in Pittsburgh.

On my stamping front I was a designer for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps & Creative Belli.  I did guest design stints for ODBD-stamping in time challenge, Pals Paper Arts, Craft your Passion and Raise the Bar challenge. I am still a design hostess for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers.

So my creative goals are being met. I have set goals for 2012 as well. So as the year unfolds, I will see how that progresses.

Now onto my card for today. I wanted to try an emboss resist technique and I knew I had the perfect stamp for it. This image is from Our Daily Bread Designs-"worship the Lord" set. I stamped in versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

I sponged with Stampin-Up crumb cake and soft suede inks. I like how it turned out. I may make a few more of these for next year's Christmas stash.

I used cherry cobbler and soft suede card stock. The designer paper is from Stampin-Up as well-"Christmas Cocoa" speciality paper. It's retired now. Used a scallop border punch on the image panel.

Added cherry cobbler ribbon, an angel charm and some glittery stars to complete this card.

That's it for today. So until next time.........God bless.

Some challenges:
1.  ODBD "shining the light challenge" has an anything goes.
2.  The Stamping in Time challenge also at OurDaily Bread Designs is anything goes as well.
3.  The crafty purple frog has a Christmas challenge.
4.  Art Impressions Stamps has a die cut or punches challenge.
5.  Craft Us Crazy has a Christmas challenge with anything new. I used a new angel charm and ribbon.
6.  Paper Play Challenges also has a Christmas challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Mary, your emboss resist is beautiful! That scene you made is fabulous, and I love the colors, too. Have a very happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful year you've had!
    Love this pretty card.....everything about it is just beautiful.
    Hope you have a wonderful New Year!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! I just love the embossing, I really need to do it more often. I wish you all the best in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Art Impressions!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Mary!!! It is hard to believe that tomorrow will be a new year. It will take a few months to get used to writing 2012 instead of 2011.

    Your card is stunning! I just love that church image and your use of embossing resist and the colors is perfect. Love it!!
    hugs and blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. This scene is beautiful with the resist! The little angel charm is so sweet on the beautiful bow too! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, this card is gorgeous!! Love that technique and don't know why I don't use it more! The pop of red in the ribbon is a lovely touch...as is that sweet angel charm! Hugs and happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Mary! I love the emboss resist technique, and you did a perfect job! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card..thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Mary!! I hope the coming year is filled with many blessings for you.
    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful scene. I love cards with churches and your technique is wonderful. Mary, I hope you have the best ever year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautifully elegant, Mary! Love the emboss resist with this image and the soft warm tones you used! Blessings to you and yours in 2012! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Times Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card, congrats on it being spotlighted on ODBD the Shine the Light Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails