Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Tag

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. The countdown continues. It's only 5 days until Christmas. I felt very good about all that I accomplished today.

I finished my decorating and the majority of my cleaning. I am on track for the goals that I set for this week. There is less stress for me that way.

The Christmas tag I am showing today is one that I made as my sample for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Peggy is our hostess and she chose a fabulous color trio of calypso coral, wisteria wonder and lucky limeade.

These colors certainly didn't lend themselves to Christmas but Peggy wasn't intending that they would.

However, I need a slew of tags for gifts so I decided to create one using these colors. I like how it turned out.

I cut my tag in white cardstock using a Sizzix die. I wanted some texture so I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder "Kassie's Brocade" . I sponged this in wisteria wonder and calypso coral.

My calypso coral and lucky limeade layer has the same embossing folder and sponged in calypso coral and lucky limeade. The sentiment is from the Stampin Up “winter post” set.


I used the Spellbinders “poinsettia die” for a coral poinsettia with limeade leaves. I finished my tag with lucky limeade and calypso coral ribbon tied with gold memory thread and a gold pearl.

Well, it's late and time to dime the lights in charmed life land for another day.

So until next time...........God bless

Some other challenges:
1.  Crafty Cardmakers has a challenge to use it 3 times. I used the same embossing folder 3x. First on my white tag-then on my coral layer and finally on my limeade layer.
2.  Crafty Boots has a Christmas challenge.
3.  Lawnscaping Challenge wants us to add texture to our project. I used embossing.
4.  Lexi's Creations has a non-traditional Christmas color challenge.
5.  Make My Monday has a seasonal tag challenge.
6.  Ooh-La-La creations has an "anything but a card" challenge.

18 comments:

  1. Hello Mary - this is a really lovely tag, such unusual colours with a gorgeous elegant design. Thank you for playing along with Make My Monday this week. Suzanne
    PS. I love the "flower frog" - which we could get hold of these easily in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really gorgeous tag - thanks for playing along this week at Make My Monday - Merry Christmas - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a gorgeous tag love the background paper it looks like lace
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Merry Xmas
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, Mary! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is beautiful, Mary...the colors this week are sooo pretty and I love how you added the poinsettia!!!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous tag. I love the poinsettia too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely tag & such pretty colours. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at MMM thuis week for our seasonal tag challenge.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable tag with loads of texture! THanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They may not be typical Christmas colors, but they are beautiful on your Christmas tag! Your poinsettia is gorgeous!
    Wish I was as far on my list! All of the shopping is finished, but only about half on the wrapping...Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty tag, I love the colours and the embossing folder you used is so elegant.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful tag--LOVE that punched out flower and the dry embossing! :) Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely to see a Christmas card in non traditional colours . Hope yours was a good one , thanks for playing at Ooh-la-la

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your beautiful seasonal tag with us at MMM. Seasonal greetings to you. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab tag, love the flower.


    All of the excitement of the past week or so has put me well behind, sorry. I hope your Christmas was as good as mine and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very happy New Year.

    Thank you for entering this Crafty Boots challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mary.. what a lovely tag which works really well with the unusual colours for a seasonal tag. thank you for joining in at MMM :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really lovely tag Mary and love your embossed background.
    Thanks so much for joining in with the last 2011 MMM challenge and wishing you a Happy New Year.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mary, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations with your gorgeous Christmas tag. Hope to see you back soon.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails