Tuesday, December 6, 2011
I have another idea for one that I will try today. I may be able to mass produce this one easily. We will see.
I also have a cookie exchange that I am going to tonight. It should be fun. Its with the younger women in our church. They invited me-probably because I am part of the leadership so I am going. They are making some good cookies. I will bring my signature Christmas cookie-a mini lady lock. I fill them with french vanilla butter creme.
color challenge #352 on Splitcoaststampers.
Karen is our hostess and she chose a great Christmas color trio- wild wasabi, real red and vanilla.
My candle image is from the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set “Christmas light” and the background text is from the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set “light of Christmas”.
The text on my candle is from an unmounted stamp that I bought but I don’t have a name. The idea to stamp the text on the candle came from Christmas banners in our church. They have a candle image and the names of Jesus (IE.) Shepherd, Ruler, Redeemer and Savior.
The candle image is colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol and then cut with the die from this set. I used glossy accents on the berries and the candle wax. The text is stamped in wild wasabi ink.
I punched a layer to use over my text. Its done with the fiskars holly border punch.
My layout is one that I have used before. In fact I copied myself from this card.
Well time to close this post. So until next time God bless..........
Some other challenges:
1. The Ribbon Girl blog has a "jingle all the way to Christmas" challenge.
2. 2 Sisters Challenge blog wants us to use punches/dies. I used both on my card.
3. So Artful challenges has a "tis the season". I used red and green.
4. Daring Cardmakers has a December flower challenge-either Holly or Narcissus.
5. Raise the Bar has a "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas challenge.
6. Tuesday Throwdown has a "celebrate the season" challenge.