Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A bountiful harvest

Happy Tuesday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I had a great weekend. It was my birthday on Saturday. I loved all the cards, Facebook and email greetings I received. Just makes a girl feel special if you know what I mean.

My hubby took me out to dinner on Friday night to a restaurant I have been wanting to go to. It was a surprise. He just told me we had reservations for 6:30 and I didnt know where until we pulled up in front of the restaurant.

Then on Saturday night my daughter-in-law and one of my grandsons took me to another restaurant that I have been wanting to go to as well. The guys were at a golf outing so we had a birthday outing. We all really enjoyed what we had to eat. The manager even sent over an appetizer since this was our first visit to the restaurant.

So I was treated royally for my special day.

Now onto my card for today. I made this one for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki Dutcher was our hostess and she chose the color trio of Pumpkin, Olive and Turquoise. Since I was making a fall card,  I decided to just use touches of the turquoise.

I used a cuttlebug folder & die for the pumpkin. I layered it in the spellbinders #16 die and stamped some swirls in the turquoise color.


My designer paper is from Stampin-Up’s prints collection. I used some olive satin ribbon to divide the 2 papers and added turquoise twine over the ribbon.
The sentiment is from Verve’s “bountiful harvest” set. I used 2 turquoise buttons to frame the sentiment and a turquoise swirl in the top corner. Nor sure about the swirl but it’s on the card now.

That’s my card. It's time to slose this post and call it a day in charmed life land. So until next time.....

Some other challenges:
1.  Heart Song Inspirations blog wants us to use the color orange and buttons.
2.  Kaboodle Doodles Blog wants us to use lots of layers.
3.  Ooh La La Creations was us to use punches/dies.
4.  Paper Pretties blog wants us to use buttons.
The Outlawz greetings challenge is to use dots.

card recipe:
stamps: bountiful harvest (verve)

paper: su old olive, pumpkin pie, ww, prints dsp
ink: tempting turquoise
accessories: cuttlebug ef, satin ribbon, turquoise twine, buttons, spellbinders labels #16

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and use of your dies! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

    Kath
    Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Mary :) Love this card! The pumpkin is very pretty and the soft colors are really delightful! So glad you shared with us at HSI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday, Mary! Sounds like you had a special weekend. Yay for you!! This card is adorable. I love all the die cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the touch of blue you used with the orange. The blue buttons are perfect! So glad to see you playing along at Heart Song Inspirations this week, and hope to see you each week.
    NanaConnie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pumpkin! I love how you used these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...this card is lovely. Great job with our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at HSI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday, Mary! What a neat card! I love the sentiment! The turquoise is the perfect "pop" of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card.Thanks for sharing this with us at OLL.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Mary!

    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week! )
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday Mary! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Love how birthdays can be drawn out over a few days huh? Love this card. That pumpkin cut is wonderful. Makes a perfect Thanksgiving card. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Happy Birthday late! I guess I need to find you on FB, lol! Love your card this week for the color challenge. Great touches of turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, Happy Birthday! So glad you celebrated your special day in two wonderful ways!
    I love what you did with the color challenge! The swirls are a great mimic of the pumpkin vine too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card, I love the pumpkin die cut. Thanks for joining the Heart Song Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.
    Debbie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails