Friday, June 3, 2011

you're my hero

Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. We had a wonderful late spring day here in Pittsburgh. Sunny, low humidity a nice breeze was  blowing. One of those near perfect days.

I was working on the wedding invites. I really made a lot of progress today and that made me happy. I have another friend coming over tomorrow to lend me a hand. It should just be a few more days till completion. That makes me very happy.

I had a few pictures sent to me today from my daughter-in-law of Phoenix Daisy. She is being introduced to solid food now.

She had her first tastes of bananas which she loved. Tomorrow they are going to give her some rice cereal. She is just getting too big too fast-almost 6 months old.


Well onto my card for today. This one I made for the sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers. The sketch was a little tricky this week but once I figured out the panels I loved the look.  

This cute little mouse is a new stamp set just released from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps- patriotic cocoa. I stamped him on watercolor paper with memento ink and then used watercolor crayons and an aqua brush. I was happy how it turned out. 

I cut him out and used pop dots for some dimension. The patterned paper is from creative imaginations and also Stampin-Up.  My sentiment is also part of the patriotic cocoa set. This will be a father's day card for my hubby. Yes, he is my hero.

It's late and time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So good night and God bless.......

Some other challenges:
1. Hanna and friends challenge blog wants us to use blue & white.
2. Some odd girl blog has a manly challenge.
3. Stamp Insanity has an anything goes challenge.




phoenix  daisy & mommy 5-31-11




9 comments:

  1. Such a cute little card! Really adorable.

    Thanks for joining us at Hanna and Friends this week :o)

    ~ Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love this card! All the red, white, and blue and a precious image!!! So cute.
    Phoenix Daisy is also as cute as can be!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great patriotic card Mary - love the star papers and that fun Cocoa! Phoenix looks like one happy little girl - she's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great manly card! Cute stamp! Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I love that stamp and so beautifully colored, Mary! Your husband will love it. TFS! Darling photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweet little Patriotic Mouse and Phoenix is just adorable (makes you want to pinch those chubby little cheeks).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card, Mary! I really like the layout! Phoenix Daisy is such a cutie! And what fun...solid food! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute! very patriotic

    thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layers on this card and that mouse is almost as cute as Phoenix Daisy!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails