Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Creative Belli Challenge #120


Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It's time again for another Creative Belli Challenge. This one we are calling the letter "G".

Create a new project that features an embellishment that begins with the letter "G". Think about glitter, a gift card holder, a gift bag, Glimmer Mist, Old Glory (4th of July projects), green rhinestones, whatever you've got on hand.


The spirit of the Belli challenges is to encourage you to use your OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments! Everyone is welcome to play along! Challenge a stamping friend!! All you have to do is follow the theme.

For my card I went with the "G" is for glitter idea. My card is one that we made at our last stamp club
meeting. My friend Linda came up with the idea for this card.  

We didn't use any glitter on the original so I cut a new butterfly image with a spellbinders butterfly die. I had some sticky pages in my stash and I covered the card stock with that and sprinkled with diamond dust glitter before I cut the butterfly.


I added a glittered brad to the center of my butterfly. I used the circles that came out of the butterfly after cutting on my card as well. I also used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch to cut 2 additional butterflies from the glittered card stock.


close up of glitter
Stop by the Creative Belli Blog to check out what the rest of the design team has created for this challenge. You won't be disappointed. 



Some other challenges:
1.  Fab 'n' Funky blog has a summer lovin challenge. Butterflies are a big part of our summer garden.

So until next time........................

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card - love how you have framed the butterfly. I like how you used the circles from the butterfly wings to accent your sentiment. It is great when you have a stamping friend like Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layers. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n Funky.

    Hugs
    xxx
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card! I love the layers it really puts the focus on the butterfly which is beautiful. Thanks for joining in with our summer challenge at Fab n Funky this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful design, Mary...I love the pretty colors, papers, and layers you used and the sparkly butterfly is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, very pretty, clean and simple. Love the glitter butterfly and gemstone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Mary! The layers are the perfect backdrop for your fabulous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Ann!!! Your card is beautiful. I love that glittered butterfly. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Summer creation! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky....good luck! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with this challenge. I LOVE this color scheme and the layout is beautiful! Hope you are well. . .Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty!! Love all the glitter on the butterfly also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Thanks for joining our summery challenge at Fab N funky with your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love the delicate layers and the glitter butterfly! Great use of the 'leftover' circles too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails