Saturday, April 23, 2011

sweet little duck

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It was a rainy, damp day here in Pittsburgh. A good day to stay indoors and that's what I did for most of the day.
Well, I stayed in to cook and prepare for a Seder dinner that we were having at church tonight.

The speaker that was brought in did a great presentation. It was such a wonderful experience for us as  Christians. We had a Passover meal and learned of how it holds both old and new testament significance.

He presented scriptures from the old and new testament. He explained why Passover was celebrated and the new testament completion with Jesus.

An interesting side note: He told us that Passover was celebrated in the Christian church until 325 a.d. and then the Roman emperor Constantine forbid the Jewish feasts to be celebrated. If a Jew was a believer in Jesus they were no longer permitted to celebrate the feasts. Very interesting to say the least. Anyway it was a definitely a night of learning for me.



Now onto my card I made for today. This was a second one that I made for the Wednesday sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers. This time I followed the sketch that was provided.



I again used the colors from the Tuesday color challenge which were concord crush, crumb cake and very vanilla.


The patterned paper was from the Stampin-Up "parisian breeze" collection. My duck is a stamp that my Stampin-Up demo gave me so I don't know what set its from. I stamped the image and then paper pieced the umbrella and boots.

To complete the card I added concord crush ribbon and some faux brads.

It's late and time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time....

Some other challenges for this card:

1.  4 crafty chicks blog has an Easter challenge.
2.  The fairy knoll blog has an Easter challenge as well.
3.  The polka doodles blog wants us to use 3 patterned papers. I used my 3rd one to paper piece the umbrella.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Happy Easter!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card - great use of the colors and didn't you just love this sketch! i know I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful and the images with detailing are fantastic, Mary! Have a Blessed Easter Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is so cute! I love the colors! The scrunchy ribbon is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ribbon you used and the design of your card. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Happy EAster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter! I love those chicks and the colours go so well together. Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute!!! I'm lovin those chicks. Fabulous card, Mary. Happy Easter. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOhh! I do like this! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely project.
    Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles 3 patterned papers challenge and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails