Thursday, April 21, 2011

my tiger lily


Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. This is a short post today.

It was a long but a very fulfilling day. Ever have one of those?

My card for today is one I made for the color challenge on splitcoaststampers. This week our hostess was Betty Wright and she chose a very elegant color combo. We used concord crush, crumb cake and ivory.

I used a tiger lily image from the rubber cafe. I bought this image for some wedding invitations that I am making. I decided to ink it up with the challenge colors. I like the rich color of concord crush.

I used some crumb cake designer paper from Stampin-Up's "deck the halls" collection.  My ribbon is concord crush as well as the butterfly I punched with the Martha Stewart punch.


The layout on this card is from the Wednesday sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers. Although, I did take some liberty with the layout. That's the reason I added the butterfly in a circle and the 2 faux brads in the corner.

That's it for today my friends. So until next time.................


Here are a few other challenges I am entering:
1.  The top tip Tuesday blog has an open challenge.
2.  Stamp Insanity blog has a flower power challenge.
3.  Incy Wincy designs has a bold & bright challenge

card recipe:
stamps: tiger lily (rubber cafe)

paper: su concord crush, crumb cake, deck the halls dsp
ink: concord crush
accessories: soncord crush ribbon, circle punches, ms butterfly punch

13 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Beautiful creation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at StampInsanity this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular card Mary! The flower is breathtaking. I love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous coloring, Mary! Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Mary. That lily is gorgeous. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Mary! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this lily card in these colors! Beautiful! I saw that sketch and my brain couldn't handle it - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image and card! Great job with the colour challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, love the colours and then image! Thanks for sharing with us on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sensational card! Love everything about it. So pretty.
    Hope you have a wonderful Easter and weekend.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I am in love with your card! Its stunning in every way. Your flower and coloring is gorgeous and I can't wait to see those wedding invitations! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. STUNNING! STUNNING! STUNNING! Gorgeous coloring and design, Mary! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just Beautiful and your coloring rocks Thanks for Sharing at Incy Wincy this Week
    Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Stunning! Just love it :)

    Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Open Challenge' :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails