Friday, December 31, 2010

more christmas

Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Today my friend, Cindi, came over and we made pizzelle cookies. My house still has the fragrant aroma of anise wafting through it. I love it!!

We weren't able to get together before Christmas because of conflicting schedules. But today worked out fine for both of us.  Cindi has 2 pizzelle bakers so we finished 10 dozen cookies in 1 1/2 hours. She has the most delicious recipe of any that I have ever tasted.

My hubby will be very happy when he comes in from work because these are one of his fave cookies.
After she left I ordered the same pizzelle baker that she uses. I have her recipe so I plan on making these throughout the year for my hubby. Oh yes, for me as well (lol)!!

I wanted to post another of the Christmas cards I made this year. This one was  a "one" of a kind. And, it went to one of my "A" list people. Someone who appreciates a hand-made card.

I unabashedly copied this card from Ann Schach from the stampin schach blog. I love her work and when I saw this card I knew I was going to make one for Christmas.
I used a different stamp for the sentiment, but otherwise it's pretty much the same. That is really the only stamping on this card. The sentiment was punched out with the decorative label punch and layered with cherry cobbler cardstock. The paper is from Stampin-Up's "deck the halls" collection.


I used cherry cobbler seam binding for the bow and that is basically the card.


Brett, Ghilly and Phoenix Daisy

I also have another picture of my granddaughter, Phoenix Daisy, to show.
This time she is with her parents. My son, Brett, and daughter-in-law Ghilly. This was her first visit to the beach.

Well, it's time to close this post. god bless and see you next time.

5 comments:

  1. Love the card and love the photo of the new parents. Phoenix is beautiful! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, lovely pic of Phoenix at the beach, and lovely idea of smelling yummy pizzelles! WOW! Happy New Year my Paper Doll friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Mary! Just perfect for Christmas. Also a great pic of that grandbaby!!
    Hope you have a Happy New Year!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I parents adore pizzelles and love making them. Anise is their fav flavor, too!! Wow, 10 doz in 1.5 hours?? You two were flying!! Great card, too, Mary, and a wonderful photo of your new granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. So elegant.
    Fun pic on the new granddaughter and family. So sweet.
    So what are pizzelles? They sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails