Friday, November 19, 2010

thank you

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It was a beautiful, fall day here in Pittsburgh. Lots of sunshine but very cool.

I didn't venture out because I wasn't feeling well. Just a scratchy throat and minor body aches. I took lots of vitamin c and drank lots of water.

At the time I am writing this post, I am starting to feel a lot better. Good thing because I have some friends coming over tomorrow to stamp and I didn't want to cancel on them. Priorities you know (lol)!!

My card for today is one I made for the free for all challenge on splitcoaststampers. Our hostess, Dawn, wanted us to make a thank-you card  to have on hand for that "hostess with the mostess!!"

Easy enough I thought. I went the easy route with a clean and simple card. I decided to use a cuttlebug embossing folder and make a frame and stamp a thank you in the center.

The sentiment is from the Stampin-Up "sincere salutations" set. I stamped and embossed this with clear embossing powder. The paper is a copper metallic. That completed my card.

It's time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. God Bless!!

card recipe:
stamps: sincere salutations

paper: aspire metallic
ink: versafine onyx black
accessories: cb ef flourished frame, embossing powder

6 comments:

  1. So CAS and so elegant, Mary!! Nicely done. Love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply elegant Mary! Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I am glad you are feeling better. There is nothing worse than the "in between sickies!" It makes you fret of how bad it will get before it goes and still makes you feel bad enough not to want to do anything. I am glad you are feeling better and got your priorities in check...hee hee! The card is fabulous and I think Mike's now has this folder. I really may need to get it! It says comment not chat so I better go! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love that pretty embossing folder too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful simplicity and very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better. What a beautiful clean design!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails