Monday, November 29, 2010

Numbers 6:24

Happy Cyber Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I did order something online today to take advantage of free shipping. That is always a plus.

I don't have the gift list from the family as yet so I couldn't order anything else.
Although, I did take advantage of the deals on Black Friday. I was able to pick up quite a few gifts. I feel good about my progress so far.

I just need to get a move on my Christmas cards. I have a few ideas for mass producing but I haven't mass produced as yet. Go figure!!
I want to have these done and out in the mail by December 6 which is next Monday. So I see that I will be one busy woman this week.

Anyway, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with our family. The only one that didn't make it was my brother-in-law because he was sick with the flu. I sent a plate of food for him to enjoy later.
Everyone went home with leftovers and I still had a good bit for my husband & I.

Today, I am making turkey frame soup. Basically you put the turkey frame in water with an onion and let it simmer for 1 1/2 hrs. There is so much more meat on there than your realize. You remove it from the pot and stain the broth and take the meat from the bones.

I add 4 cups of fresh veggies + oregano, thyme. pepper and some chicken bouillon and let it simmer for another 45 minutes. Cook some noodles and I have a pot of delicious soup. It's one of my husbands favorites.

Well, now onto my card for today. I made this one 4 challenges:

1.  The stampin sisters in Christ challenge blog wanted us to make a card to encourage someone. I love this scripture because it sends a message of encouragement to the receiver.

2.  The artful inkables blog has a challenge that is all about punches & die cuts. I used both on my card.

3.  The fab 'n' funky blog has an anything goes challenge. Love these challenges!!

4.  The Little Paper Shop blog challenged us to make a funky edge. We are able to use whatever suits our fancy to create our edge, I used a corner rounder on my 3 layers. This is another new challenge for me as well.

I am trying to use up some of my stash and this designer paper from Stampin-Up is part of the "sending love speciality" line. This card from splitcoaststampers was my inspiration. I made a few changes to make it my own. I added chocolate chip ribbon between the two paper patterns and added a bow at top with a pearl.

I punched 3 butterflies and added pearls. My sentiment is a scripture stamp from Stampendous. I used the spellbinders labels 4 to highlight the scripture verse.

That's my card for today. God Bless.

card recipe:
stamps: Numbers 6:24
paper: su vv, sending love dsp
ink: memento rich cocoa
accessories: choc chip satin ribbon, hero arts pearls, ms butterfly punch, nesties labels 4

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary, I'm so happy your family had a wonderful time together! While you made your soup, I fixed a big pot of chili for our supper. Your card is lovely...that one rounded corner is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty card in one of my fav color combos! Thanks for playing at LPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just lovely! Love those colors.
    And your turkey soup just sounds de-lish!
    Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and papers for this wonderful card, Mary!! I love how you framed this blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Mary, love the colors. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, this is so pretty with these colors and the nestie!! TFS, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Mary!! I love the colors and layout. So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how pretty Mary!! I just love your colors and your simply elegant design!! What a beautiful frame for this sentiment! Thanks for joining the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty colors and papers, Mary, and I love the wonderful sentiment!!! Thanks for the turkey soup recipe, too...sounds yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, this is beautiful! Great colors and layout! Wonderful scripture card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Love the colors, they look fabulous. Great scripture verse and layout too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails