Tuesday, October 19, 2010

color challenge design team card

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. This is such an exciting day for me.
I guess excited is really an understatement. I am jumpin' up and down doing a happy dance!!

I am part of a new design team on splitcoaststampers for the Tuesday color challenge.
What an honor to be working with Betty Wright, Joanne Travis & Vicki Dutcher. These women are really talented stampers. Just keeping up with them will be a challenge (lol)!!

The colors we are using this week are concord crush, old olive and cherry cobbler.

Our little challenge from our hostess, Betty, was to use argyle -either with a stamp or designer paper or a die cut. I chose to create the argyle look with the stampin-up texturz plate- perfect details.

I really like the look of these colors together. Deep rich colors like this appeal to me.
My card base is the concord crush and then I used concord crush designer paper. Such a deep shade of purple that I absolutely love.
I also used some designer paper from the Stampin-Up Christmas collection "jolly holiday".
Seam binding is so trendy right now in the crafting world for use on cards and other projects. I used some cherry cobbler on my card and added an olive button for my center.
A Stampin-Up border punch was used on the 2 rectangular panels. to complete my card.

This layout was one from the ODBD blog back in April. I really like the layout and have used it several times on my cards.

Well, this completes my post for today. Hope to see you back here again real soon. God bless!!

card recipe:
stamps: thoughts and prayers
ink: old olive
paper: concord crush, old olive, cherry cobbler, su dsp
accessories: seam binding, su border punch, texturz plate, button, nesties

11 comments:

  1. Perfect job with the colours Mary, I like your balance of elements and colour, well done and I look forward to what you will make with the colour challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, this is just gorgeous! Beautiful colors and the pattern with that scrumptious seam tape is fabulous! Lovely card! YOU are a wonderful designer and I look forward to working with you on the SCSCCDT! WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Rich and ELEGANT indeed! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, CONGRATULATIONS on being selected for the SCS color challenge DT--what an honor!! I can understand why there's so much happy dancing going on at your house :) This card is super lovely. You used these colors perfectly and came up with a rich and supportive thinking of you card. Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mary, BIG congrats!!!! Love your card, absolutely gorgeous! These rich colors are fantastic, love your bow and that punched border. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! How excited you must be.
    Love your card. Just beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the layout on this card. How you used the border punch on the two panels was beautiful.
    Congratulations Mary. A well deserved honor.

    Christine C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my CC team mate!! I really love your sample and am so happy to be working along side of you. Your work is always fabulous, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just loved this card when I saw it as the sample for the CC! The layout is wonderful, and I really like how you incorporated the colors into the design! Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza! This is just beautiful, Mary! Love the fabulous ribbon treatment! Congrats on being on the CC Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Mary! Big congrats on being a part of the SCS Color Challenge DT. This card is fabulous. Great use of the DP/Embossing and what a wonderful layout. I really like this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails