Thursday, September 30, 2010

kendra's shower invite

Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It was a rainy and cool day here in Pittsburgh. It was a fall day for sure.
I am feeling slightly under the weather. My ears feel like they are clogged and my throat is sore. So I just hung around the house and really did nothing.

My sweet neighbor Sue invited me over for a cup of tea and a scone. She gave me a birthday gift as well. She was busy with her family visiting for the past 2 weeks, and we didn't really see each other much.
She gave me a beautiful silver bangle that has the "Our Father" inscribed on it.

The card I am posting today is the invite that I made for Kendra's wedding shower. I had been talking about doing them for several months and I am finally posting it. Her shower was a tea theme.
Her Mom, future Mom-in-law and her bridesmaids put it on for her.

It was incredible how beautiful everything was. They set-up tables of 8 and the chairs were covered with gorgeous pink fuchsia chair covers. They were each tied with lime green tulle. It was very striking. These are not her wedding colors but the ones she chose for her shower.

Her future mom-in-law has quite a collection of antique china and teacups. That's what was used at each table. One piece was more beautiful than the next.

There was a menu at each place setting with the luncheon fare. The food was sooo delicious and was served by Kendra's Dad, future Dad-in-law, fiances and his groomsmen.


kendra & aaron

It was all so impressive and a wonderful job was done by all to honor this sweet young woman.


The invitation was made with the colors she chose for her shower. She wanted fuschia and lime green. I used stampin-ups pixie pink and green galore.

The stamp images are from My Time Made Easy their "a spot of tea collection". It worked perfectly for what Kendra wanted.

This set has 20 stamps in it so I was able to create the teacup the way I wanted.
I saw this sample and when I showed Kendra she loved it. So I put together a card and made changes to make it my own.

I used a cuttlebug embossing folder "kassie's brocade" on the pink layer. The teacup was stamped in pink and then cut out and popped up for dimension. I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the lace look and added pink pearls for bling.
On the tea bag tag I stamped the "love is brewing" sentiment and added a pearl here as well. My bow easy helped me make a double looped bow.

Well my blogger friends, it's time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. God Bless!!

card recipe:
stamps: a spot of tea (mtme)
ink: odbd pink, su green galore, memento rich cocoa
Paper: su pixie pink, ww
accessories: pearls, ribbon, cb ef

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful couple and your invitation card is just gorgeous..love that teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Kendra's shower was fabulous!! I LOVE the invites you made--pink and green are so pretty together and I just love tea-related things. That MTME teacup is amazing!! What a wonderful job you did on these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty invites. Love the teacup theme and colors. They are a very cute couple and lucky to have you in their lives supporting them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture doesn't even capture the beauty in its entirety. Mary did an A-mazing job on these and everyone loved them. The shower was gorgeous and it started with the invitations! Aaron and I are so blessed by her creative ability and pray the Lord continues to richly bless her in it! Mary, thank you again so much! We love you =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hnadsome couple they are! Your invitation is beautiful, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so dainty and PRETTY! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, this is wonderful! Great colors and the bow with tag and cup are perfection! Fabulously done! Great couple pic, too! Hope you feel better! Happy belated birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely couple, I wish them many wonderful, happy years together!
    Your shower invites are so beautiful, Mary!! love this terrific design and color combination. Really fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how sweet is this... the couple and the invitation... just so sweet... I love the colors... pink and lime!!! Wow great.. and the tea cup... very nicely done Mary... Love it.
    And Kendra and Aaron.... so very happy and may they always be that happy for the rest of eternity...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely elegance, Mary! Love the wonderful colors and the beautiful teacup! Such a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails