Tuesday, March 16, 2010

silhouette thanks


Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It was such a beautiful pre-spring day here in the 'Burgh.

Our tulips are just starting to come up and the deer have found them already. My husband pulled out the bobbex spray this afternoon. This is a deer repellent that does no harm to the plants. It's some sort of fertilizer and the deer & rabbits do not like the odor it gives off.

It works for us. He uses it all spring and summer.

It was my husband's last day of vacation and he spent it working in the yard. That is his passion. You all know mine!!


Tonight we had Kendra & Aaron for dinner. This is the young couple we are mentoring. We finalized the design on the wedding invitations. The font is not yet decided. I like Shelley Volant and Vivaldi but the final decision is Kendra's.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and welcome.

So onto my card for today. It is a challenge card for Tuesday's color challenge on splitcoaststampers.

This week we were to use old olive (green), rich razzleberry (eggplant) and orchid opulence (light lavender). I have never used orchid opulence before. I wasn't even sure I had any of this color. I found some in the stampin-up multi pack.

I just used it for my dragon fly that I punched out.

My designer paper on this card is from BasicGray "Indian Summer" collection. This paper matches so well with the current stampin-up in-colors.

My image is from the pocket silhouettes stamps set. I also used some new satin ribbon from stampin-up in old olive.

That's my card for today. Now it's time to sign off from charmed life land. God bless!!

card recipe:
stamps: pocket silhouettes
paper: su old olive, rich razzleberry, orchid opulence, ww, indian summer dsp
ink: old olive, rich razzleberry
accessories: satin ribbon, oval nesties, punch

2 comments:

  1. Mary this is gorgeous!! Your blog is amazing too and thank you so much for visiting mine too and offering your assistance as I learn to blog, that was very sweet of you!!

    Thanks again,
    Heather Prince
    aka: Princessheather

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous use of the Basic Grey DSP! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails