Thursday, March 4, 2010

play ball


Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

It is a beautiful, sunny day here in the 'Burgh. It's cold but the sun makes everything so nice.

We are going to have temps in the 40's the next 3 days. It will help melt some of this snow that is still all over the place.


We are going to the Pitt basketball game this evening. Well actually 2 games. Aidin(middle grandson) has a game at this school. Then we will head down to the Petersen Events center for the Pitt game.

Our friend, Ruben, who is a researcher at the University was able to get the tickets for us. We love going to the games. The atmosphere is charged in the center. Hope Pitt wins, it is a big game.

Well, onto my card for today. I made this one for 2 challenges.

1. Thursday's challenge on splitcoaststampers was to create around the word "play". It could be sports, puzzles or games. As I thought about it my mind went to what we will be doing for 4 months starting in April. That would be little league baseball. All 3 of my grandsons will be playing this year. So I decided to create a card with a baseball theme.

2. The 2nd challenge is Karen Giron's "sweet sunday sketch challenge" . I liked the layout she provided, and I think it worked well with my images.

I went to my stash and found some American Crafts monogram paper. It had the perfect word on it "baseball". I also found these baseball themed dimensional stickers from K & Co. I am determined to use more of my stash this year.

Well, that's my card. It's time to wrap it up on this post. I have to make dinner and then get ready for a night of basketball.

card recipe:
paper: su kiwi kiss, am crafts monograms
accessories: nesties, k & co sports baseball words

4 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! Love the baseball theme. Yall are going to have alot of fun at all the games. Cheers for your grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute baseball card, Mary, and perfect for a special guy!!! The stickers look awesome and I love the colors and papers you used!!! I hope you have a great time at the baseball games!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Love the boy theme... great colors and images. :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails