Monday, March 22, 2010

lilacs in central park


Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I took my husband to the furniture stores today to look at what I had picked out a few days ago.

We made a few changes to my original selections with the help of the store decorator. I wasn't happy at first but I quickly came around. He thought I went a little too formal for a family room. Which is what we were trying to get away from in the first place. He does live here also (lol)!!

I picked out some recliners for around the fireplace that were not what he had in mind. He was thinking of a recliner that he could fall asleep in and just relax reading a book etc. So we went with leather. At first I thought too masculine looking, but they will look great with our new sectional sofa.

He really liked the sofa I chose. We made a change to the ottoman-I am using that in front of the sofa. We went with leather on this as well.

We also changed the sofa table because the one I originally picked wasn't working with our new selections. I love the new one. It has a slate top and will look great in the room. We held off on the purchase of the accent chair. The decorator advised us to set up what we purchased and then come back for the chair.

I am okay with that idea also.

So now we have to get the painter in to paint the room We have 3 weeks until the new furniture is delivered. The sofa has striped pillows on it so I am going to pull my colors from there. When this is done I will take pictures and post them on the blog.

Now onto my card for today. I made this one for the clean and simple challenge on splitcoaststampers. This week it was an inspiration challenge with the theme being New York City.

I was stumped for a bit and thought maybe I wouldn't participate.

Then I did a google search for flowers in Central Park. There are lilacs there. I didn't have a lilac stamp, but not to worry.

I had these great k& co embossed paper stickers. So that's how I made this card. It was a quick one for sure.

I used lilac and celery paper. Put the sticker on white and added some celery rick rack. Card done in about 10 minutes. I have never done a card in 10 minutes (lol)!!

I can use this for Easter and stamp my sentiment near the bottom left. I haven't done any Easter cards as yet. Time to get moving!!

Well it's time to dim the lights in charmed life land for today.

But, before I sign off, I wanted to ask all of you to pray for my friend Linda. She will be having a heart catherization soon. She will appreciate all the prayers.

card recipe:
paper: su celery, lilac, white
accessories: brenda walton embossed sticker (k & co), am crafts rick rack

6 comments:

  1. Well Mary, this is certainly beautiful for clean and simple, and 10 minutes?? WOW!! Lilacs dont grow here but I sure think they are beautiful plus my fav color so I love this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this stunning lilac, Mary! What a fabulous clean and simple card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and I can't believe you finished it in ten minutes...WOW!!! Your new furniture sounds beautiful, Mary...I will be looking for the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a pretty sticker! I feel like I'm looking at Mary Engelbreit! A lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW -- this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I just love this card, spring is just around the corner and the card reflects that. Sue

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails