Tuesday, March 9, 2010

have courage


Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

Hey-hey we had more sunshine here in the 'Burgh today. It's even the topic of the weather reporters. It's been 5 days now. I am a lovin' it-I tell you!!

I went to meet my grandsons' school bus today. Lots of driving today. Ethan had an orthodontist appointment and then Aidin had basketball practice. I spent my entire time over there in the car. Oh well some days are like that.

Ethan is coming to spend the night with us on Friday. He is so excited and already planning his time with us. Or I should say with my husband. They have such a wonderful bond.

My card today once again covered 2 challenges:

1. The Tuesday color challenge on splitcoaststampers was to use bashful blue, certainly celery and melon mambo. There is always just a little added feature to the challenge. Betty calls it her dessert option.

This week she gave us some info on cards for a cause. Check the link for a story about a young pregnant woman. There is a card request for her. I plan on sending this one out to her. And, of course I will be praying for her. She was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma
and is in her 2nd trimester with the pregnancy.

2. The 2nd challenge is Mercy Kerin's Tuesday sketch challenge. I haven't been able to play along for a few weeks but today it all worked out. I love her sketches and this one was no exception.

For the melon mambo part of the color challenge, I broke into my good neighbor designer paper. It is part of stampin-up's sale-a-bration give away. I really like all the color choices in the pack.

My image is from the bella's bloom set. The sentiment I stamped is from the clearly wordsworth set.

I added some pearls and that completed my card. This one came together so quickly for me. I had it done before I left to go over my son's home.

I am not happy with my photos lately. Any suggestions that you may have, my fellow bloggers would be greatly appreciated. I dropped my camera and I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.

It's time to turn out the lights in charmed life land for the night. God bless, my friends.

card recipe:
stamps: bella's bloom,
paper: su bashful blue, certainly celery, ww, good neighbor dsp
ink: memento rich cocoa, melon mambo, celery
accessories: su scallop border punch, recollections pearls

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty...I like the simplicity and the layout!! The pink makes a great frame to show off the image!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails