Saturday, March 20, 2010

cute ice cream cone


Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. It's the first day of Spring and what a beautiful day we had here.

We are entering the last phase of our remodeling project. Which is our new family room. We will be painting and getting new furniture. I went furniture shopping yesterday and found some really great sales.
I went to 2 different stores and picked out 2 different layouts. My neighbor went with me to help me with design and colors. She has such a talent in this area.
We were looking and deciding for about 5 hours yesterday. It was a lot of fun and exciting to know that I am getting something new.
We have had the same family room furniture for 16 years. I am passing it along to someone who needs living room furniture.
My husband will go back with me on Monday morning and we will make a final selection. The sale at both stores ends on Monday so I went to look at just the right time.

Now onto my card for today. This card fits into 3 different challenges:

1. The 1st is saturday's inspiration challenge on splitcoaststampers. This week we visited a site called the cutest foods. There was a lot of inspiration on the site for sure. I decided on these cute ice cream cookies for my card.

I had this ice cream designer paper from American Crafts to use for my background. So that helped me in my decision. The ice cream scoops are made with the stampin-up scallop punch. On the cone I used a cuttlebug embossing folder to give it texture. The pattern for this cone I found on angie kennedy juda's blog. She has lots of cute punch ideas-stop by and take a look.

2. My layout is from the pals paper arts blog. They had a sketch challenge this week. It was a great one to work with for my card.

3. The 3rd challenge is from the crazy4challenges blog. This week we were to make a spring themed card. I think an ice cream cone is a nice spring theme.

Well, my blogging friends it's time to turn out the lights in charmed life land for another day. Hope you enjoyed the first day of spring and that your weather was as great as ours.

card recipe:

paper: su ww, so saffron, close to cocoa, pink passion, lime (unknown), am crafts dsp
ink: close to cocoa
accessories: so saffron ribbon, cb ef, scallop punch

4 comments:

  1. Such a bright cheery card - perfect for our wonderful spring day here as well! Love all of the colors - thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! Love the paper! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet and adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails