Tuesday, March 30, 2010

color challenge welcome


Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. My day started and ended well. I opened up email this morning to discover that I was last weeks winner on the stampin' sisters for Christ blog.

I was so excited. I have never one a contest with my cards until now.

This is the card that was selected. My day started with a blessing that's for sure.

This is also my day with my grandsons. They were happy for me when I told them about my card especially Aidin.
He looked it over and gave his opinion. So like Aidin-he is filled with compliments for his Grandma.

They were supposed to come here for Easter dinner but my husband has to work. The airlines is a 7 day a week business.

Ethan our youngest said, "don't worry Gram-Gram you'll be with us for Easter".

They will have dinner with my daughter-in-laws family.

Ethan said he will call his Aunt tonight and let her know that his Grandma is coming also. Kids are just too cute. They never see a problem just a simple solution.
I just love my boys. They want to love and watch over me.

Just like how our God protects us. I learned a little lesson today being with my grandsons. Another blessing in the mid-day.

So now onto my card for today. On Tuesday's at splitcoaststampers, Betty Wright, hosts the color challenge. Today, she chose the colors Bermuda Bay (teal), basic gray, and so saffron.

I liked the color combo. It's bright and so spring looking.

I used Mercy Kerin's sketch challenge for my layout. This one was a great one to work with. It allowed for a lot of the designer paper to show. I wanted my houses to be a focal point since this is a welcome card.

I added a fence with the Martha Stewart border punch. I also made a faux button. I used the sizzlits die #5. There are 4 different size buttons on this die. I like it because you can have a matching button in any color carstock. I used some embroidery floss to give a more finished look.

The bermuda bay ribbon was my finishing touch and my card was complete.

Well, it's the end of the day now. My house is quiet-hubby is in bed reading. I am ready to turn out the lights in charmed life land for another day.

I would love to hear the good things that are going on in your life as well. Or if you would like me to pray for you-drop me an email. God is concerned about all that's going on in our lives.


card recipe:
stamps: good neighbors, warm words
paper: su bermuda bay, basic gray, so saffron, ww
ink: memento london fog, bermuda bay, so saffron
accessories: ms border punch, ribbon, sizzlits button die




4 comments:

  1. Mary this is so PRETTY, awesome job on Mercy's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job. This is a very cute set and perfect with the border punch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandsons sound like they are so sweet! Love the wisdom that comes from the mouths of babes! I also love your card, Mary...especially the picket fence in front of the row of houses! Great job with the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cute little village scene... and the fence is so perfect for this... love it all.. the colors are great too.. I had fun with this challenge too.. Your little grand babies sound precious... love the little ones and their clear clean thinking... Love, light and Peace... Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails