Wednesday, March 3, 2010

color challenge birdie


Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Our remodeling is at somewhat of a standstill. The room that will now be our family room is awaiting painting. I am getting new furniture but I haven't started the looking and selecting process yet.

My friend is going to go with me to help narrow the selection process down. Then I will take my hubby so we can make the final choices. No point in dragging him into furniture stores without a choice in mind.

It will be easier to pick my paint colors based on my furniture than vice-versa. We are so pleased with how the dining room turned out. That was our old family room. The room looks like it was always the dining room.

Now onto my card for today. I made this one for 2 challenges:

1. the tuesday color challenge on splitcoaststampers. We were to use crushed curry, always artichoke and basic gray. It was a stretch to put these colors together. But, when I was finished with the card, I liked how it turned out.

2. The layout was done based on our creative corner's Saturday sketch challenge. It was a perfect layout to use my new bird punch from stampin-up.

My card base is always artichoke and I used this color for the layering pieces as well.
For the crushed curry part, I used card stock and designer paper from the razzleberry lemonade series.
The gray requirement was covered with more designer paper. I punched the bird from the urban garden pack and the gray flower was cut out of the same pack.

I added some crushed curry ribbon and made some gray faux brads. On the birds wings I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for texture. That is my card in a nutshell!!

Well, it looks like a wrap for another day here in charmed life land. I saw a robin today!! Can spring be very far behind? God bless my friends.


card recipe:
paper: su basic gray, crushed curry, urban garden & razzleberry lemonade dsp, vv
accessories: cb ef, ticket corner punch, circle punch, su ribbon


4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I like the texture you added to the birds wing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Mary!!! The CC colors are so cool and I like your punched out bird!!!

    Thank you for playing the OCC Sketch with us!!! Have fun furniture shopping!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful job you did on the color challenge! It was a tough one to do. Beautiful arrangement; love the gray flower from the Urban Garden paper.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails