Thursday, March 25, 2010

birthday tulips


Happy Thursday and welcome to the charmed life blog. It was a rainy day here in the 'Burgh. One of those days that makes you stay inside and get some things on the to-do list accomplished.

I have quite an extensive list, but I wasn't in the mood to get to it!! What I wanted to do was get some stamping done. I have quite a to-do list there as well (lol)!!

So I checked out the challenges I wanted to be a part of and made 2 cards. I am only posting one today.

Over on splitcoaststampers the Thursday challenge was a celebration. Julia has 5 years under her wing. Congrats Julia, that's a lot of years to be a weekly hostess and to come up with new ideas.

She wanted us to make some sort of celebration card. I decided to make it a birthday card.

Since it's spring time I also wanted to use tulips. I have some tulip stamps but, I wanted to use a punch to make them.

I have seen these tulips on several blogs made with the stampin-up bird punch. You use just his wing to make the tulips.

Julia Bettencourt's blog is where I saw them made first so I will give her the credit.

The tulips are punched out using just the wing on the bird punch. Isn't that a really clever idea? I made mine with pink passion, lovely lilac and apricot appeal. Basically, the same colors that will bloom in my yard in the next several weeks. I sponged the edges with ink to give a little dimension.


For the stems I used the bird punch as well. There is a branch with leafs on it, that's part of this punch. I cut the leafs off and just used the branch part for my stem.

My layout is mercy kerin's tuesday sketch challenge. I used some designer paper from Lasting Impressions for my background. I used rick rack and then took a piece of it and tied it so it would somewhat resemble a bouquet.

I am definitely going to make more of these and use as Easter cards.

Well, it looks like it's a wrap for today in charmed life land. Thanks for stopping. Just a reminder that if you need prayer for a situation drop me an email. I would be honored to pray for you.

card recipe:
stamps: wow flowers
paper: lovely lilac, ww, lasting impressions dsp
accessories: rick rack, su 2 step bird punch

4 comments:

  1. Oh my this is so pretty -- love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty...and perfect for Spring. The tulips are blooming here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea for the bird punch! Love how you angled the main part of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and your work, Mary!! All of your creations are always so beautiful with a wonderful attention to detail.
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails