Saturday, February 6, 2010

love you


Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. What a week-end!
It started snowing yesterday afternoon and didn't stop until late morning here in Pittsburgh.
My area had 24" of snow. They declared a state of emergency in my township as well as the entire county.

We spent the morning digging out our driveway and our front walk.
Our kind neighbor, Don came over to help my husband with the driveway.
It's a long one as well as the front walkway.

The snow was so heavy, and we had so much it just took awhile to get it shoveled.

We were so fortunate that we did not lose power as other areas did. Thank the Lord.

The trees are all sagging underneath the weight of this snow. We saw a lot of broken tree branches in neighbor's yards. It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow so the melting process will start.

Oh well, I was able to stamp today since we were advised to stay off the roads. So stamp is what I did.

I made this card for 4 challenges.

1. stampin sisters in christ we were to make a card with a child on it. I just purchased this mft stamp set called heart stripes. It's their pure innocence line.

2. our creative corner had a sketch challenge this week. I loved the layout and it works so well with my image.

3. splitcoaststampers color challenge this week was basic grey, baroque burgundy and crushed curry. So I went with those colors for my card.

4. crazy for challenges blog had a challenge to make a card with a valentine theme. I made this for my 7 year old niece for valentines day. These are somewhat different colors for a valentines card, but I am pleased with how it turned out.

I used stampin-up razzleberry lemonade designer paper and matching ribbon on this card. I paper pieced her dress and colored her socks and tee shirt. My sentiment is from this mft set. I added a little heart in the corner and that's my card.

Thanks for dropping by. I leave you with the words from

Psalm 148:

Praise the Lord from the earth...
lightning and hail, snow and clouds,
stormy winds that do his bidding


card recipe:
stamps: mft heart stripes
ink: baroque burgundy
paper: su basic grey, baroque burgundy, curshed curry dsp, gina k luxury white
accessories: su markers, prismas & gamsol, su ribbon, darice heart brad

8 comments:

  1. Oh how cute, thanks for playing at OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, Mary! Stay safe and warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! She is a cutie! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling little girl, love the color combination and your take on the sketch. I bet your niece is going to be thrilled with her Valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved this image! So cute. Thank you for joining us at OCC, hope you play with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw she is too cute :) thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Love it :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at OCC :)
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Mary! What a precious image and I LOVE your colors!

    Thanks for playing along with our weekly sketch challenge over at Our Creative Corner!

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails