Thursday, December 31, 2009

happy new year


Happy thursday and new years eve to all who are visiting the charmed life blog. I know we all say it over and over but I really can't believe how quickly this year has passed.

Tonight we are going to our son's home to celebrate my husband's birthday (dec 28) as well as have a small family new years eve party.

There will be a fire going in the fireplace, and we have a sleepover as well.

Its just such a great night, and we all look forward to it.

My card for today celebrates the new year. I want to send this out to someone that I missed sending a Christmas card to.

My layout is from Wednesday's sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers. This was such a great sketch for this card.
Also, the challenge on the stampin sisters in christ blog was to make a new years card. The comment there was: as we begin the new year, let all of our resolutions include asking God to teach us and lead us on the path He has laid for us.

My card uses this cute embossed sticker I had from Mary Engelbreit. I really liked the saying on the sticker. It reads "and now let us welcome the new year-full of things that have have never been". I thought it was just perfect for what the sscc theme is for the week. I picked it up in Michael's $1 bin last year.
If you click on the picture it will bring it in closer and larger.

My designer paper is from su's Christmas cocoa speciality pack. I used some old stampin-up rub-ons for the sentiment and the stars and that's my card. No stamping on this card, but I like how it turned out.

Well, its a wrap for today. Happy New Year blessings to all who are reading this blog post.


7 comments:

  1. What a super sweet New Years card, Mary...such an adorable image and beautiful colors!!! Hope your have a wonderful New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling image and love the colors!! Happy and Blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful new year card, Mary!

    Happy New Year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, I really like the red, it makes it so cheery! Thanks for participating in the SSCC this week. I like it when we can use those great dollar bin finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect card for New Years and the sketch is perfect for the occasion. The ME sticker worked great too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty!! I am lovin' red right now and this is just perfect. Great find for a dollar. Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I never got around to this challenge, and I want to. Your card is adorable! I love how you used the flocked paper with the Mary Engelbreit image and the stars and sentiment. It all works so well together!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails