Wednesday, November 18, 2009

season with smiles


hello from charmed life land and happy wednesday to you. I am posting earlier than I usually do.
meaning that its before 5:00 est. we have plans to go out to our favorite pizza place tonight.
we haven't been there in awhile, so I am looking forward to it.

we used to go every week and the pizza makers used to call my husband by name when we walked in. if friends were with us they just laughed.

well, onto my card for the day. I don't think I have ever made a monotone christmas card before, but I like how it turned out.

I made this one for the flourishes challenge. it's the first time I have participated in one of their challenges.

I used the stampin-up christmas jingle kit again. I love all the elements from this kit, I am determined to make all the christmas cards that I can from it.

I used 2 new cuttlebug folders-winter borders (it has this great house and tree border) and also seasons greetings-it provides all the background words. I added some red faux brads and a hero arts poinsettia and that completed my card.

well, its a wrap for today. I send a blessing of peace as we are about to enter the busy, christmas season. keep a smile in the season and don't let the busyness of it all take away your joy.
card recipe:
paper: su textured choc chip, vv
accessories: christmas jingle kit, ribbon, hero arts poinsettia, cb ef




5 comments:

  1. I think your blog is great. Please, come visit my blog. I just became a follower and you can reach me there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary - hope the pizza was yummy??? I love pizza too!!!

    So glad you had a chance to play the Sketch and *Welcome* to your first Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!!!

    Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I really like the embossed BG and side panel!!! The main image works perfect with the Sketch!!!

    Hope to see you again in the near future!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. The colors are wonderful and I like the flower embellishment. Hope the Pizza was yummy!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, Love this card. The embossing, beautiful frame and not traditional color is really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, Mary! Beautifully done! Love the texture and the design! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails