Monday, October 19, 2009

cas sympathy card


happy monday to all the visitors to the charmed life blog. it was a beautiful, sunny, fall day here in pittsburgh.
we had a killer frost overnight and now all the zinnias are gone. I cut about 10 flowers sunday afternoon which was a good thing. I have them in a vase to enjoy for the next several days anyway.

my husband was busy turning over the flower beds to plant his tulips for next year. he does such a beautiful job with our yard and I get to enjoy all the flowers.
tonight, we met with the young couple that we are mentoring.

we had dinner together and I prepared 2 new dishes. the main dish was one that rachael ray prepared on her 30 min meal show-spicy sausage meatloaf patties with italian barbecue sauce. If you have ever made one of her recipes, you know its a culinary delight.

the barbecue sauce was made with pancetta-garlic-onions-wine-beef stock-diced tomatoes-worcestershire and hot sauce. my side dish was a butternut squash risotto and that recipe was pulled from a magazine. I just don't know which one

I was very pleased, as were my guests, on how the dinner turned out. I am notorious for making new dishes when guests are coming.

I have both recipes if anyone would a copy let me know, I can email them to you.

now onto my card for today.

on monday's over at splitcoaststampers, they have the clean and simple challenge . this week we were to make a sympathy card.

I used a new stamp set from stampin-up called "kind & caring thoughts". my sentiment is from rubber cottage and I finished it off with a corner embellishment. I used the cuttlebug vintage die to create the corner.

thats it for today. thanks for taking the time to stop.

card recipe:
stamps: kind & caring thoughts
ink: printworks black
paper: su white & black
accessories: cb vintage die

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails